Flyingwil's Taco is growing up!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
HongerVenture said:
A Twozone is probably in my future as well. I'd like to hear more from you on its performance. Can you really keep the bottom section frozen and the top section just chilled? Does it truly offer a Fridge and Freezer all in one?

Joel-
I should have a review on the TwoZone posted up once Scott returns. You can have dual zones, and with enough playing you can have one larger freezer or fridge, pending your contents of the fridge. Our our last trip we had a bottle of rum, some beers, some Cokes, Fish and shrimp, in the Engel, and lettuce, carrots, pineapple and such in the Twozone. I had it on setting 4 for the trip out to utilize the turbo and get everything cold. We left it on 4 overnight, and then went to a setting of just over 1.5 for the remainder of the trip. Worked great. The bottom stays just a bit colder, and with the TZ area just abit warmer. TwoZone in Aus. states a difference of 1 degree C, but I have yet to test of what the actual difference is. Look for the upcoming review when Scott returns.

flyingwil

Bed Bar

I installed my bed bar this weekend.
IMG_0829.jpg

This is a temporary set up to haul the hi-lift. I also painted the handle for now... We'll see how long until it turns red again!

As you can see I installed some el-cheap-o lights I had laying around from my Jeep... not too bad. They are 55w H3's... I think I picked 'em up at a garage sale in Prescott for $5 or $10 dollars new in the package.

I installed a switch in the blanks under the ash tray location (my CB). So watch out if you tailgate me!
IMG_0831.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to tie the lights into the reverse switch to enable them to come on when the truck is put into reverse and still be able to use the switch for off and on. As soon as I figure that one out I'll post it up.

I use a relay for all the wiring, the switch is fused with a 15A, and the lights are 30A to the relay. (I am not sure but maybe it should be 15A too?)

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Good work.

flyingwil said:
I installed my bed bar this weekend.
I use a relay for all the wiring, the switch is fused with a 15A, and the lights are 30A to the relay. (I am not sure but maybe it should be 15A too?)

The bed bar looks good, I like the fire extinguisher mounted on the wheel well. How often do you check the pressure? I had one in the back of the truck and last night while installing the sleeping/storage platform for the summer I looked at the fire extinguisher and it was reading 0 psi! Not good if I would have had to use it.

Your 15 A fuse should be fine since the two 55 W lights use just over 9 A. The 30 A relay will be fine as well. If something goes wrong, the fuse should blow before anything else asuming you isntalled the fuse immediately after the battery.
Cheers :beer:,
P

flyingwil

p1michaud said:
The bed bar looks good, I like the fire extinguisher mounted on the wheel well. How often do you check the pressure? I had one in the back of the truck and last night while installing the sleeping/storage platform for the summer I looked at the fire extinguisher and it was reading 0 psi! Not good if I would have had to use it.

Your 15 A fuse should be fine since the two 55 W lights use just over 9 A. The 30 A relay will be fine as well. If something goes wrong, the fuse should blow before anything else asuming you isntalled the fuse immediately after the battery.
Cheers :beer:,
P

P-
Thanks! I actually spot check my extinguishers, however the sun has done a number to the gauges.

As for the wiring, I have all power leads coming directly off my aux blue sea fuse block, and should not encounter any problems from that.

The rear of the cab is a mess, as I plan on adding a tool box to mount the wiring in along with a second battery. It is just a waiting game on funds, as my wife goes into surgery at the end of the month and we have been pinching every penny in preparation of going to just one income through the end of summer!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Less play money for me!

flyingwil said:
It is just a waiting game on funds, as my wife goes into surgery at the end of the month and we have been pinching every penny in preparation of going to just one income through the end of summer!

I can definately relate to that one. Most of my "play" money gets diverted into the wedding and house fund right now. Hopefully all goes well with the surgery.

Cheers,
P

flyingwil

A bit more done...

PART 1: I added and OEM alarm. Sourcing the alarm and the wiring harness was the hardest part, however, eBay came to the rescue. I decided to OEM for the vibrations, and starter disable. Why do I need am alarm? I guess I really do not, but the starter disable helps ease my mind a bit. The alarm was super easy to install, and took under 90 min. Works great!

PART 2: Not really a new mod, but my wife is recovering from foot surgery and I do not have much free time so.... I got a new license plate:exclaim:

IMG_0941.jpg

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
I like it1

flyingwil said:
PART 2: Not really a new mod, but my wife is recovering from foot surgery and I do not have much free time so.... I got a new license plate:exclaim:

I wish you wife a speedy recovery.

Well done on the plate and original to boot!

cheers:beer: ,
P

flyingwil

p1michaud said:
I wish you wife a speedy recovery.
Thanks, she is recovering well. I would have done a whole lot more complain' than she did if it was me.
p1michaud said:
Well done on the plate and original to boot!
cheers:beer: ,
P
I actually have been in line for that plate for a while, got the letter stating it was open and jumped on it!

Here's a recent pic from our solo Mexico Run a few weeks ago:
normal_IMG_0903.JPG

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
This must be by Cholla Bay in Puerto Penasco, in the back you can see Black Mountain looking into El Golfo de Santa Clara.( 1st Photo )

flyingwil

eurorom said:
This must be by Cholla Bay in Puerto Penasco, in the back you can see Black Mountain looking into El Golfo de Santa Clara.( 1st Photo )

Bingo! Yeah that is the only pics I took of it. My brother was intown and want to head down there for a couple of days. So off we went.

flyingwil

Last Month's Mods

Well last month my Taco Finally got the new Brakes it needed badly!:jumping: I ended up with powerslot Rotors and some Hawk Performance pads. Huge improvement, and the deal with the dirt/sand/mud well. The slots are large enough to allow the gases from under the pads escape from above and below. So far nothing but praise about them from me.

Well, I decided to play around with the rear of the cab and build a platform similar to BajaExplorer's set up in hope that we might have more room for the dogs (1 Husky and 1 Lab).

IMG_1206.jpg

It is made from Plywood and covered with the cheapest carpet from Home depot. I was able to use all the existing seat holes to mount the wood, and the rear shelf utilized the existing hole that held the hooks in place.

IMG_1208.jpg

I am not sure what I want to do with the factory jack, and have actually used it places I could not get the Hi-Jack so it is staying in the truck. I made cut outs and a cover for the rear shelf.

IMG_1207.jpg

Also another cool thing came in the mail, I thought it was a sweet find on ebay for $9.00! (I think BajaTaco has this same unit.)

IMG_1210.jpg

Tested it out and the pressure is a bit less than what I wanted, but definitely a vast improvement over a gravity fed bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles