Flyingwil's Taco is growing up!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Tres cool!

flyingwil said:
FlyingWen got me this wonderful set up for my birthday. I didn't even ask for it, she just thought it was ************** and got me it. How cool is that!?

Looks sweet!
The 3 position switch is brillant!
Cheers :beer:,
P

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Eezi-Awn

Hmmm.... I wonder what this is? Could it be the long awaited Series 3 Eezi-Awn?

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Yep, sure looks like it to me! Arrived in great condition, with the exception that the hardware bag was broken, but hey, it did go halfway across the world to get to my door!

The color seems to be a bit lighter than I remember the Series 2 Eezi-Awns. It is currently "airing out" in the garage, since it has the fresh coat of wood sealer smell to it.

IMG_1318.jpg

FlyingWen was just as excited as I was, and brought the "kids" out to see what the excitement was...

IMG_1321.jpg

Now it is time to fab up the mount and get it on the Taco and go take it out!

flyingwil

Desertdude said:
- we need a full report from the dog posse :coffee:

The black Dog, Guinness, says it has a nice "Roof," (I think he is referring to the rain fly!) The Husky, Nanuk, doesn't talk much... so you might have to wait for a while.

How lame is that? (insert lame smiley)

FlyingWen

Explorer
I love the fabric on the cushion!!

I am excited to get out and try this baby out!!!:campfire: :friday:

Wil and I laid in the tent in our garage.. wonder what people driving by thought??

There are more perks on this model then I thought there would be... camping made easy, I LOVE IT!

articulate

Expedition Leader
flyingwil said:
Now it is time to fab up the mount and get it on the Taco and go take it out!

I might suggest $20 flannel sheets from your favorite China-sweatshop-product-producing-store, dedicated tent pillows, and comforter.

And an extension ladder. (AHEM!)

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
nice Wil and Wen, I love the mattress fabric. The dogs won't understand though why their new house is on top of the truck where they can't get into it.

Jeff

flyingwil

TACODOC said:
How you gonna mount it???

You mean I have to mount it!?

Really though, we have given it tons of thought, and have not yet decided, but are leaning towards a custom cover similar to Scott's set up, and along the lines of Mark F'n S's and Capt. Coors.

Ultimate bottom line will be a CanBack, but that is down the road. The CanBack will allow the fidge to go in the rear, (with the slide) and Outback style drawers! Sweet! But it is one step a time for right now.

After the Eezi-Awn comes bumpers... Wilman, we still on!?

FlyingWen

Explorer
Actually, I am thinking of buying a seperate tent to keep set up in the garage. That way Wil can have a dog house he likes! :smileeek:

He joked about sleeping in the tent tonight when he gets home from work.

Doc, yours should arrive tonight! Start listening for sleigh bells!

Willman

flyingwil said:
After the Eezi-Awn comes bumpers... Wilman, we still on!?

I'm down this spring!....Swing-out still?...Like mine or something diff...More tube or "c" channel? It's all up to you my man!

:ylsmoke:

flyingwil

Willman said:
I'm down this spring!....Swing-out still?...Like mine or something diff...More tube or "c" channel? It's all up to you my man!

:ylsmoke:

Spring it is... Wen is expecting in late June, so we will have to figure it out between now and then! I wouldn't mind seeing some snow too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online