phxtoad

Adventurer
Wendy,

Here's the shelf sketch...

6833980041_large.jpg

Todd

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Just got back from putting a new hood blackout on the KJ. Looks sweet. Will try and post up some pics once the sun is not so bright.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Adam is awesome at freehand with an Exacto Knife!
:Wow1: That's AWESOME that he did that freehand eh... I love it, this KJ is coming along very nicely for Flyingwen, I'm sure she's stoked...
Now onto the snorkel... Like you said, it's a safety thing right ;)

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

flyingwil

:Wow1: That's AWESOME that he did that freehand eh... I love it, this KJ is coming along very nicely for Flyingwen, I'm sure she's stoked...
Now onto the snorkel... Like you said, it's a safety thing right ;)

Cheers

Dave

Yeah Dave our sticker guy is really good. So far as far as I know FlyingWen likes the black out. We just added purple shackles to the ARB to match the Rubi wheel center caps and the hi-lift.

flyingwil

OK so how about a few details on how you did the blackout, not to mention the logo? Please.:Wow1:

Sticker shop... Flat Black Rolls, cut free hand, and then they print our logo on wrap material and cover it with a clear matte finish.

Basically the process is the same as any large sticker install.
  1. Clean area sticker to be applied to
  2. Use masking tape in areas where cuts will be
  3. spray sticker and area sticker to applied with with soapy water so stickers "float"
  4. Squeegee bubbles out
  5. Cut just the sticker parts
  6. remove remaining masking tape (the soapy water will let you get the tape stuck under the vinyl)
  7. remove all remaining bubbles with squeegee
  8. use a torch around emblems to allow it to "shrink wrap to the emblem"
  9. poke any remaining baubles with pinhole to release remaining soap/water mixture
  10. apply logo in same fashion as above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz