FlyingWen's 2002 Jeep Liberty KJ

FlyingWen

Explorer
Well its new to me and a replacement for the Xterra.

Here is my 2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade KJ:
KJ%20004.jpg

Current stats:

Planned mods:
  • Seat covers
  • LightForce 170's
  • NoLoss valve caps
  • Rear Deck w/ Goodies
  • Rear lights (per FlyingWil)

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingWen

Explorer
Wheels and Shoes...

The KJ has 245/75 R16 Goodyear MT/R tires mounted on wheels off of a Jeep Rubicon Wrangler.
KJ%20005.jpg

We also have a full size matching spare:
KJ%20007.jpg

Also some required stickers can be seen on the rear window. :hehe:

FlyingWen

Explorer
Confer Roof Rack

The factory roof rack/ rails were removed and replaced with a Con-Ferr roof rack. FlyingWil wants to add some LightForce Stubby lights on the rear for reverse lights. We'll see what happens.

KJ%20008.jpg

FlyingWen

Explorer
Engine Bay

The engine bay is very clean, the KJ has an K&N filter and a Magnaflow exhaust. The exhaust is very quiet compared the the Calmini Exhaust on the Xterra.

KJ%20015.jpg

At this point it has an Optima Red Top, but it will be replaced with an Odyssey or two down the road.
KJ%20016.jpg

Fergie

Expedition Leader
What do you think of the Detroit rear so far? Goose it around any corners yet?

Nice ride BTW.

FlyingWen

Explorer
Rear Axle

The Rear of the KJ has been regeared to 410's (front too!), and added protection on the Axle. Hiden on the inside of this is a Detroit Locker. It makes backing up fun!
DSC00368.JPG

FlyingWen

Explorer
Front ARB Bumper

The front bumper was replaced with an ARB bumper. I love the looks of it and knowing that it is airbag compliant and crash tested. Plus I haven't seen too many other KJ's with an ARB. The factory fog lights were repositioned into the bumper, and I plan on installing a set of LightForce 170's on the front above the Warn winch.

KJ%20004.jpg

KJ%20014.jpg

FlyingWen

Explorer
Interior

The interior of the Jeep has rubberized floor mats, Jeep Clinometer, and a Gauge Pod with Tranny and Oil gauges as FlyingBaby is pointing out below:

KJ%20010.jpg

KJ%20012.jpg

KJ%20013.jpg

articulate

Expedition Leader
Sweet machine you have there!

Are you working on your response for the punks who say, "So, you're boyfriend lets you drive his Jeep, huh?"

FlyingWen

Explorer
Suspension

The Jeep has a hybrid lift on it, which is basically the Frankenlift with out the Daystar parts. We might add that later. So for now it is OME and Rancho components:

Here is pic from the seller....
JEEP%201.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne