fly for tent

sgt rock

Adventurer
one of our thrift stores has this going up for a live auction tonight.... i should have checked the make and model as its missing the fly- anyhoots seeing if any of you might happen to know the maker of this tent so i can see if they sell flys - worst case scenario is just drop a tarp over it....

tent.jpg

kilimats

Observer
how about investing in a quality tent ?

- long term cost reduced
- Happy wife
- Happy kids
- less headache - priceless

sgt rock

Adventurer
ya' know i own one good quality marine corp pup tent--- had it for 20 years... this cheapo is when extended amigos\familia come to town- anyhoots good old harbor freight blue tarp was just bought for the fly....

Treenail

Adventurer
Adding a tarp to a complex shape like that won't be very successful. when you are really going to want a fly...wind and rain and cold...that flat tarp will pop and jump. Leads to wet inside the tent.

Without a fitted fly all you have is insect protection. It sure doesn't take much to Google the manufacturer and find out if there's a fly available. If you don't have a smart phone five people within arms reach will...enroll them in the treasure hunt! Unless they're bidding on the tent!

Heck...it could be a Mountain Hardware, Marmot or some other high end tent. Buying it at the right price then spending time searching Craigslist via:

http://www.searchtempest.com/

...might get you a deal.

Tom

sgt rock

Adventurer
appreciate it folks- with due seriousness this was up for an auction last night - i was hoping they would keep the price around 30 bucks and i would have bidded but it went for 75 bucks... i tried to look for a name or manufacture to inquire on the maker but could not locate- i usually resell items from these auctions and like to keep a nice overhead but alas it went a lil high and to invest in a fly was not worth it..... appreciate the responses !! my main tent is a marine tent from my 2003 deployment which is very compact and has taken the abuse of many years -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94