Flush mount Valve-stems

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Yep, I use them on my FJ40 and they work great. Lucky I bought 3 pairs so I had one for my spare tire because the tire shop threw away one of the main tire ones when they did a flat repair, thinking it was a "bad/broken" valve stem. The filler stems seem to leak, but a regular screw in truck stem works even better as a filler stem, so you can pick-up some spares at the tire shop.

madizell

Explorer
Looks like a major PITA to me. Do you regularly have problems with swiping off the valve stem on your wheels?

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Years ago when I first proposed something like that then offered to the hot rod crowd the repsonse I got was more or less "Why would want something non standard there?"

madizell

Explorer
I could say the same thing about standard valve stems -- used them for years on aluminum racing wheels, never had any problems. The only time they didn't work was coming off of a winter glacier run where we crossed flowing water at -20 degrees and totally packed the wheels with ice. But then, the inset stems would not work either because you could not get to them. I have never lost a valve stem in rocks, deep mud, or anywhere else, so I just wondered if they were an answer to a problem that didn't exist, or if perhaps some folks were losing valve stems regularly to debris in the wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior