Flippac winter use

Who uses there flippac in the winter? I am talking MT cold and snow! I would like to use one for hopping from resort to resort and having a warn place to crash at the end of the day. I know heavy snow would require me to close it.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I've yet to see real snow with mine. I can attest to its utility in heavy rains and howling desert winds though its not the warmest setup unless you add the fly and a good sleeping bag. I think youll be fine!

WASURF63

Adventurer
Who uses there flippac in the winter? I am talking MT cold and snow! I would like to use one for hopping from resort to resort and having a warn place to crash at the end of the day. I know heavy snow would require me to close it.

Just now read your post.
Lots of use out on the coast and the Strait in heavy rain and damp cold. Some mountain use in light rain, but no snow conditions yet. Dry, yes. Warm, not really.
The biggest difference between your camper shell and a FP is going to be increased usable space and a comfy mattress when the tent is deployed/flipped.
I carry rain gear, use warm clothing layers, have a -5degree bag, and almost always use the rainfly.
Have you had the chance to see one of these (ATFP) up close?
If not, let me know, and we'll arrange to meet if you'd like a demo.

Walt

Just now read your post.
Lots of use out on the coast and the Strait in heavy rain and damp cold. Some mountain use in light rain, but no snow conditions yet. Dry, yes. Warm, not really.
The biggest difference between your camper shell and a FP is going to be increased usable space and a comfy mattress when the tent is deployed/flipped.
I carry rain gear, use warm clothing layers, have a -5degree bag, and almost always use the rainfly.
Have you had the chance to see one of these (ATFP) up close?
If not, let me know, and we'll arrange to meet if you'd like a demo.

Walt

Do you have a heater? A demo would be great! Some time after the holidays I will P.M. you

WASURF63

Adventurer
No heater yet. Saving for a second battery system and a couple other things at present. Ok, demo after the holidays. Happy New Year!:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94