Flippac - Quieting the upper vent flap in high winds

Has anyone come up with a good solution to quiet the ridge-vent flap during high winds? We've had a few nights recently of extremely high winds. The Flippac itself did fine, but the incessant flapping of that loose fabric made it hard to sleep. I've considered sticking a strip of self-adhesive close-cell foam along the edge. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
1. Get up there and tighten the velcro straps a bit (there are 4 of them). They are adjustable to allow more or less airflow from the sides.

2. Put the rain cover on for a more aerodynamic shape and a quieter night in high winds.

Thanks for the reply, TacoDoc. I've got the velcro tightened down all the way already. I would prefer to not have to put on the fly in the middle of the night just because the wind picks up, and don't want to put it on every night just in case it gets windy. The rest of the tent is fine in the wind, so I'd really like to just reduce the flapping of the vent fabric.

getout

Adventurer
2. Put the rain cover on for a more aerodynamic shape and a quieter night in high winds.

Any ideas on getting the fly to stop flapping? Our tent part is pretty quiet. It's when the fly on and the slapping against the truck cab and shell that gets loud.

Any ideas on getting the fly to stop flapping? Our tent part is pretty quiet. It's when the fly on and the slapping against the truck cab and shell that gets loud.

How is the fly flapping against the truck cab? Our fly flaps a bit around the vent cutouts and the vent "hoods", but the rest of it is tightened down with webbing and bungies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles