FlipPac Hinge Broke - Solutions?

talltroy

So, last night my FlipPac hinge completely snapped. Was in the street trying to open it up to show a friend, and the hinge broke straight off. I'm in Boulder, CO at the moment - what options do I have? Get something custom made? Has anyone filled the void supplying parts since FRP closed up shop?

broken hinge.jpg

chequamegon

Observer
Not immediate, but that has happened to me too, and now with Flippac out, we are considering making them from water jet cut stainless steel.

If we did this, they would be $100 per piece.

Interested?

talltroy

Not immediate, but that has happened to me too, and now with Flippac out, we are considering making them from water jet cut stainless steel.

Interested?

So what you're telling me is that my FlipPac is fixable?!

I'd be interested. I do need a solution sooner rather than later. Would yours still work with the torsion bar?

OldieOverland

Observer

Interested?

I would be interested in a stainless steel replacement also.

DVexile

Adventurer
Are there any good alternatives to a FlipPac that are still in business?

AT Habitat. Many month backlog right now and don't fit as many kinds of trucks as FlipPac yet.

Also apparently someone bought the FRP FlipPac plans, tools, etc. and are planning on making them again. No clue on a timeline for that.

talltroy

AT Habitat. Many month backlog right now and don't fit as many kinds of trucks as FlipPac yet.

Also apparently someone bought the FRP FlipPac plans, tools, etc. and are planning on making them again. No clue on a timeline for that.

Does AT make one for an 8' bed?

Arclight

SAR guy

Interested?

The tolerances on waterjet are usually around +/- .005". You should be able to include the spline in the CAD drawing. If you requested it up front, you might be able to get more like .001 and not need the post-operation.

Arclight

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Not yet. We make one for the 6.5 truck. Send us an email, tell us what truck year, make and model and we'll enter it not our inquiry data base. It is that data base that drives our decisions to release or not release a size. Be heard :)

When did FlipPac close up shop? Up until about 2 weeks ago their website was still up - I see it is down right now, but might be an internet bug?

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
It has been months. The site was up but no response and folks who went by the shop said it was closed tight, but lots of material around (remember they did lots of over fiberglass work) I think the consensus was they went bankrupt and everything was auctioned. There is a rumor someone bought the FP stuff/design rights and may start selling it again, but that has not materialized....

When did FlipPac close up shop? Up until about 2 weeks ago their website was still up - I see it is down right now, but might be an internet bug?

aventurero

Un-HInged....

So, last night my FlipPac hinge completely snapped. Was in the street trying to open it up to show a friend, and the hinge broke straight off. I'm in Boulder, CO at the moment - what options do I have? Get something custom made? Has anyone filled the void supplying parts since FRP closed up shop?

View attachment 397736

Greetings, Samething happened to me a few years ago. Just a stroke of luck 5 Star Camper in Brighten had one. They are east of Boulder. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles