Flippac camper - Full size longbed (8') - SOLD

blupaddler

Conspirator
SOLD

Flippac Camper.
Full size, longbed 8' version.

Good condition. I did open it up the other day and noticed a small cut in the front screen, about 3" long. Not too sure how it got there. But I'm sure it could be repaired easily. The remaining screens, zippers, and fabric is all in good condition. NO weird smells.

I am the second owner. The original owner had it on an OBS F250, unsure of which year. So my guess is it would fit that model the best. I had it on a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 QCLB. It fit side to side, but was a little short, so I put a piece of aluminum at the front end of the camper to bridge the gap. This has been a great camper for our family (wife, two kids 5 & 7, and myself). Typically the kids would sleep up top, and the wife and I would sleep down below. We've done a bunch of trips from two night local trips and week long trips in Baja. It's endured winds and rain, and has held up fine.
The ONLY reason I'm selling is because we bought a Northstar TC800 pop camper. I'm sure I'll regret this, for those who know the Flippac is a super versatile camper with a good tent that still allows use of the truck bed for storage, etc.

I also installed Thule racks. The only thing the racks carried was surfboards, so not much weight at all.

The Flippac also comes with a rear mounted Rigid dust light, the rain cover (its green and works well), two interior lights, two bed supports for the front when lifted over, hooks on the side for tarp/awning attachment, and bunk bed option for kids.

Issues: There are two small cracks where the opening arm goes into the fiberglass in the front of the camper. And a little rust drip down from one on the passenger side. To be clear, none of this affects the operation or use of the Flip-pac. It functions fine and as it should, and have been there since I bought it. PO had the factory look at it and they stated it was fine as well.
I have been on this site since the beginning, and I believe in truth in advertising.

Since everyone always wants to know, "does this fit my truck?"
Measurements are as follows:
Outside: 99" long x 73.5" wide
Inside rail/lip: 96.75" long x 60.5" wide

SOLD

Last edited:

blupaddler

Conspirator
Pics...
IMG_4366.jpeg
IMG_4362.jpeg
IMG_4360.jpeg
IMG_4364.jpeg
IMG_4359.jpeg

blupaddler

Conspirator
Up close and detail of cracked areas. The top ones were both there when I bought it a few years ago... The PO said he talked to they had been there for a while and the factory stated they shouldn't be an issue.

IMG_4504.jpeg
IMG_4505.jpeg

Last edited:

blupaddler

Conspirator
Some photos of it opened up with the rainfly and without.
On our trip to Baja the flippac held up extremely well to the winds and even some rain we had. We went without the rainfly initially the first few nights, but then decided it also helped to keep the inside a little darker as well.
IMG_1236.jpeg
IMG_9236.jpeg
IMG_9132.jpeg

blupaddler

Conspirator
I've got a short one minute video I took that I can send to interested people, but it seems like it's too large of a file to add here....

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles