Flippac /AT Habitat Moisture and Condesation issues?

bmwillems527

Hello,

New to Expedition Portal and wanting to gain some advice about flip over style truck campers like Flippac and AT Habitat. I live in the Pacific Northwest and things can get pretty wet here. I love the concept of the flip over tent to have more room (head space and larger bed), but I fear the moisture that condenses on the tent will be problematic over time if it can't dry out for a few days.

Trying to decide if I should consider the AT Atlas or Project M or OVRLND instead to keep more water off the fabric?

If anyone has any experience in mild wet climates it would be greatly appreciated.

Also from the northwest. I would steer away from anything with fabric unless you have a garage/shop big enough to store it fully opened up while not in use. Plenty of people up there run tent campers, pop ups, and flip tops, but if they get wet, and you dont have the facilities to really get them dry, they will mold, and they will rot. My dad still lives up there and runs a pop up four wheel camper. He also has a big shop, and stores it fully open, and puts a box fan in the door for a couple days after every use. He still has mildew stains on the fabric.

Drreed5

Take a look at the Hiatus

bmwillems527

Take a look at the Hiatus
I looked at those. I don’t think they make them for 5.5 ft full size beds. Maybe one day...

bgraboyes

I looked at those. I don’t think they make them for 5.5 ft full size beds. Maybe one day...

on this page you can order for full-size

and on their FAQ page
"Can you make it for my truck?"
Yes! We can customize these campers for any make and model of truck, including long and short beds or full-size trucks.

The hiatus campers look pretty slick. I own an ovrlnd, and one thing that may help with the moisture problem is that the pop up sides are made from pvc material similar to a whitewater raft. still needs to be dried out but maybe less problems than true canvas sides. With both of these models, time will tell how long they hold up. although i have no indication thus far that my won't stand the test of time.

i personally wouldn't want a flippac if i had to deal with that much rain, just too much issue folding up when wet etc.

bmwillems527

It’s seems OVRLND and the FWC project M are the only ones with the vinyl/plastic fabric sides. Looks like AT overland and flippack both use canvas for the sides. I guess that makes the decision for living in the PNW.

Steve_382

Price increase on March 18th, 2021. Due to high order volume, we can begin production on orders placed today in November 2022. Feel free to contact us directly to find out more.

Seriously? Seems like a real business person would figure out how to produce enough product to not have an 18 month delay. Sounds like they could sell twice as much product easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles