Flip Pac window seal replacement...

mattsavage

Observer
So, the seals around the windows on my 15 year old Flip Pac are getting brittle and shrinking up, definately time for a replacement all the way around. Does anyone know where to get the specific seals that are used or have a part number? None of the canopy shops in town will touch it (wont even lift it off for me to put a new bed gasket on...) and I doubt contacting FRP will do much good (but I will as a last resort). Maybe AT can get them?

Thanks!

-Matt

billy bee

Adventurer
The windows in my FP are pretty standard windows used int he camper shell industry. I have replaced a window and it is very straight forward. New windows come with new weather stripping, but I bet you can substitute something good from Home Depot as a replacement. The stuff that came on my replacement window was not great.

Also, when you go to remove the window, be prepared to replace some of the hardware. The self-tapping screws will break as you remove them. During one window removal, I broke about half of those screws. Not sure how to avoid that. Maybe squirting some penetrating oil in there and letting it sink in for a few days may help...

Good luck...

Bill

cmcclean

My side windows were leaking between the fiberglass and the frame as well as the frame to glass where the seals had shrunk quite a bit. The fiberglass to frame was pretty easy to fix with some silicone sealant but like Billy Bee said over 1/2 of my screws broke as well. To fix the glass seal I cut the seal at the corner where it makes a right angle and heated the rubber with a blow drier and pushed it back into the groove. This left about a 2 in gap at the bottom where the horizontal seal should have met the vertical seal. I then sprayed the window with silicone lube and filled the gap with silicone sealant. After it dried I was still able to open the window because of the lube. It looks pretty good as i had done some sculping after the sealant had set up a bit. it has been water tight since. Of course a new window would be better I'm just too cheap.

mattsavage

Observer
To fix the glass seal I cut the seal at the corner where it makes a right angle and heated the rubber with a blow drier and pushed it back into the groove. This left about a 2 in gap at the bottom where the horizontal seal should have met the vertical seal. I then sprayed the window with silicone lube and filled the gap with silicone sealant. After it dried I was still able to open the window because of the lube. It looks pretty good as i had done some sculping after the sealant had set up a bit. it has been water tight since.

Yeah, that's my problem, the seal between the glass and the frame. I'll try your method, see how that works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz