Flatbed campers by TotalComposites

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
So many people have asked.... we listened.
As promised, we are now introducing you to our pre designed FlatBed camper shells.

Key features:
As with all of our campers these come fully insulated with 2" panel thickness all around with smooth 1.5mm FRP skin on both sides and a PU foam core. The campers are assembled at our or our partners facilities with our well proven thermal transfer free FRP extrusions.
These units will only be available assembled in an empty shell configuration.

Standard will be 1 entry door (Arctic Tern Euro door)

NOT INCLUDED:
Camper jacks, windows, skylights, storage hatches can be added by the end user as needed through www.expeditionupfitter.com or through any of our partners. Like our other campers, this will give our customers maximum flexibility in outfitting them.

Pre orders will be accepted soon through our online store! We are expecting the first units ready for delivery (FOB Victoria BC) around mid November 2021!

Total Composites Pricing:
6.5' length US$20,182.00
8' length US$20,998.00

* Pricing may change if purchase is made through one of our partners!
*FOB Victoria BC, Canada
*Taxes not included

Attachments

• 6.5'-flatbed.jpg
    6.5'-flatbed.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 267
  • 8'-flatbed-F250_350_Dodge.jpg
    8'-flatbed-F250_350_Dodge.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 285

simple

Adventurer
Super cool that you are adding new models. I'm curious why you are offering these sizes for flatbeds. For instance if I had an 8' flatbed, I would want a 10' box. Or on a 6.5' flatbed it would be nice to have an 8.5' box. It looks like you have made the bed area 60" deep by 77" wide. If it was 80" wide it would fit a standard size queen mattress.

Victorian

Super cool that you are adding new models. I'm curious why you are offering these sizes for flatbeds. For instance if I had an 8' flatbed, I would want a 10' box. Or on a 6.5' flatbed it would be nice to have an 8.5' box. It looks like you have made the bed area 60" deep by 77" wide. If it was 80" wide it would fit a standard size queen mattress.

Very good feedback! Simple answer: We needed to go with some type of standards based on what other manufacturers are doing. Meaning going with flatbeds that are easily available to people.
As for the width: We have been thinking about this a lot. We made them as wide as we could without customers loosing the full view in the rear view mirrors. They are the same width as our slide in campers.
thumbnail_IMG-8990.jpg

I love this. As I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a truck (if one can be found reasonably in this market) this is exactly what I want.

I like the alcove being a little deeper (60 inch vs 48 inch).

One thing I want to ask about is the dimensions. I would think this would appeal to a lot of people like me that are going to get a SRW truck with a fairly standard/commercial flatbed. They want a flatbed to maximize the space. Cutting it a handful of inches short in each dimension gives up a little bit of the advantage vs getting the slide-in and adding toolboxes.

Many, if not most, commercially available SRW flat beds in the US are 84 inches wide. Short beds are 7 ft long and long beds are 8.5 ft long.

If the undersized dimensions given to make up for general lack of squareness in commercial flatbeds? Or is there some flatbed that you have in mind that you have set these dimensions around?

cobro92

What’s the weight of each of these with the door? Do we know yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tugvi

I have a CM flatbed SRW the bed is 84 wide but (roughly) 4inches (2 inches on each side) are stake pockets leaving the flatbed proper to roughly 80 inches wide.

GeorgeHayduke

Many, if not most, commercially available SRW flat beds in the US are 84 inches wide. Short beds are 7 ft long and long beds are 8.5 ft long.
I came here to say the same thing, the 8.5' length is especially common on steel flatbeds. I know it's probably irritating to make so many length variations but it would be great if it worked with 'agricultural' flatbed sizes.

andy_b

I have an Aluma bed and the headache rack has little wings that eat into the overall available length of the flatbed. The CM beds (and others) I've seen with a headache rack at the front have similar supports that cause the shortest overall length on the beds be just shy of the nominal 8.5' lengths. Perhaps by undersizing them just a little it will allow more flexibility. Makes sense to me, personally. Pretty cool to see from TC!

Victorian

Thank you everyone for the feedback. It's pretty clear that there is no size that will work for everyone. Therefore we have to draw the line and focus on just a couple variations. For anyone looking for anything bigger or slightly different, we can always create a custom one. After all, that's what we are doing every day!

As for the weights: Our engineers calculated roughly 400kg +/- 50kg (glue, accessories...) This includes structure in the rear wall that will allow mounting of spare tires and other accessories. At the same time, the internal structure can be cut to fit a door in the rear wall or the sidewall. Again, it comes down to maximum flexibility for the end user.

simple

Adventurer
Regarding length. The designation says 8' flat bed but it appears to be a little longer. The drawing is hard to read but I believe it shows the length at 2660mm. 2660mm/25.4 = 104.72" 104.72"/12 = 8.73'

Victorian

Regarding length. The designation says 8' flat bed but it appears to be a little longer. The drawing is hard to read but I believe it shows the length at 2660mm. 2660mm/25.4 = 104.72" 104.72"/12 = 8.73'

The floor length is 2440mm=8.00524ft :)

Cheers

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
This is great. I'm glad you're offering these as an option. But finding a standard flatbed is impossible. They are like snowflakes. They all have their little spaces, nooks, angles and quirks. I'd love a 10 footer but seems like custom is the way to go. Chasing a unicorn camper right now. If I don't snag it, I'll be in contact. How far out is your American builder?

Victorian

This is great. I'm glad you're offering these as an option. But finding a standard flatbed is impossible. They are like snowflakes. They all have their little spaces, nooks, angles and quirks. I'd love a 10 footer but seems like custom is the way to go. Chasing a unicorn camper right now. If I don't snag it, I'll be in contact. How far out is your American builder?

i believe overland adventure trucks is placing the next order for November assembly in the next 3-4 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles