Flat bed truck tent?

shade

Does this pic help?
Yes, now I see. I thought you meant an RTT would be installed on top of the box.

Actually, that could be done to produce two story lodging. Carrying the bikes would be easier done on a hitch rack, though.

Awent

Yes exactly what I had envisioned but since my topper is hardsided it would be a split door then full door when up. Do you hope to sleep all 5 in it?
Kevin

Yes, hopefully all 5. A bunk of some sort is possible, it would likely move up and down somehow. Down when the tent is down, and up for sleeping. Not 100% on this tho, this idea is very much in the early stages. The biggest concern we have is how to get the top to move up and down with ease with or without weight on top. Your set up looks great but we are very limited on budget. My husband and I are pretty handy.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Yes, hopefully all 5. A bunk of some sort is possible, it would likely move up and down somehow. Down when the tent is down, and up for sleeping. Not 100% on this tho, this idea is very much in the early stages. The biggest concern we have is how to get the top to move up and down with ease with or without weight on top. Your set up looks great but we are very limited on budget. My husband and I are pretty handy.
Maybe just build the lower section on your own and look at my topper. I have a few ways that the top lifts easily.
Kevin

Awent

Yes, now I see. I thought you meant an RTT would be installed on top of the box.

Actually, that could be done to produce two story lodging. Carrying the bikes would be easier done on a hitch rack, though.

Eventually we want to do a pop up slide in camper with a hitch rack. We’re just looking to do something that will be sort of quick and inexpensive to build. This tent thing was my idea, not sure how totally feasible it is. Lots of visions in my head, but I don’t have the right knowledge of supplies to build it.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Eventually we want to do a pop up slide in camper with a hitch rack. We’re just looking to do something that will be sort of quick and inexpensive to build. This tent thing was my idea, not sure how totally feasible it is. Lots of visions in my head, but I don’t have the right knowledge of supplies to build it.
Your tent idea can work, you guys just need to work out the details.
Kevin

shade

Don't sell yourself short. You're already working on the design, and there are plenty of ideas floating around here to draw on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94