flat bed ideas

What kind of dog box? Hounds? I ask becuase you mention hunting season being over.
Ok now that hunting season is basically over. I have time to get this going. I came up with a list of must haves.

Haul 2 quads
Mount RTT
Hold tools
Mount winch
Hold dead critters
Hold dog box
Tow 5 wheel

Ok I know I cannot haul 2 quads and tow a 5th wheel or haul the dog box.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Ya I have 2 blues and my hunting partner has 4. I have had to put 8 hounds in the cab of my truck once never again. Where we hunt cats we often have one drop off and one pick up. It can be a long hike in a canyon. I build all my own boxes.

I knew it. When I read dog box I knew it was hounds. I only have one plott now but did run a mix of plotts and walkers and built a few dog boxes myself. Funny I use to hunt out of a gmc jimmy, and I had a walker ***** that couldn't help herself, if there was a skunk nearby she had to kill it. Couldn't break her off them:snorkel:

98dango

Expedition Leader
I had walker hounds in Oregon for coon hunting sold them before moving to Wy now in Az I'm back at it.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Don't get me started on hounds!! Damn WA state outlawing hunting bears/cougars with hounds....man I miss all my dogs had 6 total at one time, blue tics, plots one walker. Those were the days sniff...sniff :(
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Yup a sad state of affairs hound hunting is becoming a thing of the past. It's an easy target people only see the critter in tree or bay not the years and shoe leather that goes into getting to that point. Can honestly say I have seen and been in more places than I would have ever gone to on my own fallowing hounds, some so inhospitible probably never seen a human before. Unless of course it was some other ************** houndsmen.
Don't get me started on hounds!! Damn WA state outlawing hunting bears/cougars with hounds....man I miss all my dogs had 6 total at one time, blue tics, plots one walker. Those were the days sniff...sniff :(
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

98dango

Expedition Leader
I find it funny some states outlaw it and half the lions and cats we go on are for the state. My partner has been running hounds for 15 years. He gets all the fun in the middle of no where ride a horse for 2 days then hunt jobs.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well my flat bed is taking forever. I hate not having space. I was encouraged by my best friend (wife) that I would have more space is I had less stuff. So house cleaning got done meaning I now only own 1 quad and a bunch of useless stuff has a new home. I kept my Honda rancher 420 the one I ride the most. I will be getting my wife one just like it. There also narrower and quiter than plolaris.

So I can make a 7 foot flat bed and haul 2. We also have been entertaining the idea of a slide in pop up camper. To replace the tow behind. This would also change the flat bed desing.

98dango

Expedition Leader
The truck was featured in FourWheeler about 8 months ago. It's a 72 gmc if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles