FJC Rear Bumper from 4x4 Labs

daPitbull

Adventurer
Here is some info on my rear bumper build. I decided to go custom since I wasn't too excited about the current options, especially the limited choices for swingouts. After talking with a two 4th generation 4runner guys over at toyota120.com, I decided to go with 4x4 Labs in Grass Valley. He made bumpers for these guys and after seing one of them in person, the decision was made. He's popular with the IH8MUD crowd, and has developed trick rear swingouts for the 60, 80, and 100 series landcruisers. Luke, the owner is basically a one man shop. As you can see from the pics, he pays attention to small details. He's not only concerned with functionality and strength, but he really wanted this bumper to look cool. Anyway, on to the pics...
First thing, rear crossmember chopped...not for the squeemish.
692779981_LLxWP-L.jpg

Rear quarter panel protection being shaped.
692710764_A2i4G-L.jpg

Tucked up nice and high.
692710758_75HPa-L.jpg

Rear bumper shell and quarter panels finished and welded together.
692710715_nrgqo-L.jpg

3500 lbs rated spindle sunk into bumper shell.
692710798_yVNzc-L.jpg

Dimple die eye candy and spindle
692713654_6wWYm-L.jpg

692713947_GNLTz-L.jpg

daPitbull

Adventurer
Cool logo
692713295_LeojM-L.jpg

Dual swing arms mounted up.
692711051_uhj4A-L.jpg

692712933_gudBK-L.jpg

692711447_9asoT-L.jpg

And the 95% finished product. We'll be adjusting the angle of the spare tire mount to hug the rear of the FJ and provide a high-lift mount behind the spare tire. As you can see there are holes for mounting the rear sensors as well as an integrated hitch. I'll get some pics of the mounting points later on. Crappy cell phone pic...
707609462_J2xmd-L.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Looks good I assume you removed the factory spare tire mount? Also what is the pass side cargo basket sized for fuel cans?

daPitbull

Adventurer
Yes, the spare tire mount was removed from the door. The basket will fit 3 cans or a cooler. The also offer a 2-can, ladder, and bike attachment.
Looks good I assume you removed the factory spare tire mount? Also what is the pass side cargo basket sized for fuel cans?

Willman

Nice bumper!

Just wondering....What's up with the side fins on this bumper? What are you guys planning in this area?? (More Lights?)

What about customers with different color rigs like white?

:coffee:

daPitbull

Adventurer
The side fins are for aesthetics only.
Nice bumper!

Just wondering....What's up with the side fins on this bumper? What are you guys planning in this area?? (More Lights?)

What about customers with different color rigs like white?

:coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94