FJ75 Troopcarrier from the Middle East

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
You are running a big group even for a Troopy, good idea on the extra rig while things get sorted.....but at least you are getting the family out and that is all that matters.
Those lady bugs must have been crazy to see in person.

HongerVenture

Adventurer
You are running a big group even for a Troopy, good idea on the extra rig while things get sorted.....but at least you are getting the family out and that is all that matters.
Those lady bugs must have been crazy to see in person.

Yeah, it's a big group for a Troopy plus gear... but we used to make it happen in an 80-series. Granted the roofrack would be quite a bit more utilized.

Getting the kids out is an important part of this for us. We want them growing up valuing time outdoors. What I love about these trips is that as soon as we stop the car at a campsite they burst out of the car and they instantly find ways to entertain themselves. Collecting leaves, pine cones, bugs... playing frisbee or with slingshots... etc. We don't hear a single word about iPads or video games. =)

And yeah, the extra rig is a precaution we'll keep taking for awhile. I completely trusted my 80-series. I was the second owner and responsible for most of the kilometers on it. I had maintenance records going back to purchase. And it was so extraordinarily dependable. I want to get there with the Troopy. We'll see.

Last edited:

HongerVenture

Adventurer
The Troopy has been getting some maintenance and updates/upgrades here and there...

New water pump, fan, belts...
463somehelp.jpg

New exhaust from the cat back...
472newexhaust.jpg

Replaced the switch assembly...
478switchassembly.jpg

Installed a new washer reservoir and motor...
483filled.jpg

hakuna_budhabi

Howdy! Joined to comment. Found your great cruisers online today and wanted to say hello from Al Reef. Co-incidentally I met a near identical troopy at the Reef roundabout/circle this afternoon on the way home from work. Looks like you’ve really given yours a great second life.

I really have enjoyed your Troopy Story/Build. The first time that I ever saw a TroopyIMG_2822.jpg
was when I was living in Australia in 1993. They were all diesel and LHD but I fell in love with them. Currently, I have a 2004 UZJ100 named Gizmo the Tank. We live just North if Scottsdale. I hope to see you around sometime. Like the earlier offer, if you are headed somewhere and need a wingman, reach out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Howdy! Joined to comment. Found your great cruisers online today and wanted to say hello from Al Reef. Co-incidentally I met a near identical troopy at the Reef roundabout/circle this afternoon on the way home from work. Looks like you’ve really given yours a great second life.

Amazing! Someone in Al Reef finding this here. Sorry I'm so late to reply... need to remember to keep up on this forum.

None of the pictures seem to work?

Still not working for you? I've not had any issues on my end that I know of.

I really have enjoyed your Troopy Story/Build. The first time that I ever saw a TroopyView attachment 684299
was when I was living in Australia in 1993. They were all diesel and LHD but I fell in love with them. Currently, I have a 2004 UZJ100 named Gizmo the Tank. We live just North if Scottsdale. I hope to see you around sometime. Like the earlier offer, if you are headed somewhere and need a wingman, reach out to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer. Are you in Copper State Cruisers?

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Haven't slacked on working on the Troopy... or on taking it out for trips.

Rebuilt the transfer case and re-sealed the transmission.
535progress.jpg

Installed a heater.
570mixerheater.jpg

Refinished my dash.
576dash.jpg

Finished my interior panels and wired in lots of accessory ports.
621passpanels.jpg

Cleaned the interior roof and sound insulated it.
684crossbars.jpg

Put in an accessory box to hold my solar bluetooth dongle as well as my BadELF GPS unit and provide more USB power.
646usbpower.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles