FJ62 Reimagined - Restoration - Modern Drivetrain - Stoffregen Motorsports

Keeping the exhaust heat away from the vehicle occupants and also vital components (such as fuel and brake hoses) requires fabrication of some serious heat shields.

This is the shield I build for the passenger front portion of the y-pipe.

On a vacuum shifted FJ62 transfer case, this also means re-routing the vacuum lines away from the exhaust.

Heat around the passenger side exhaust manifold is kept away by this frame mounted brake tube shield.

The underside of the body at the collector also gets a massive heat shield. On auto trans equipped trucks, it gets cramped with all the electronics ans wiring, so this is doubly important.

It's about time to update this thread.

This year has been full of challenges, and we have had our fair share here. After some time off from this particular project, I got back on it about a month ago. It is now just about wrapped up but working out some bugs. Many pics have been taken along the way and I will upload some of them so you can all see what a beautiful Land Cruiser this has turned out to be.

Here are a couple sneak peeks. You may have already seen them on my instagram feed.

Over December, I got a chance to do some updates to the silver FJ62. The owner wanted "sliders" built, but admitted they would likely never be needed as rock protection. We compromised and built him something slim and good looking.

The main tube section is 2x.120" DOM, while the legs are 2x2x.250 square for strength, then topped with a strip of .125" flat steel.

I follow on Insta and may have missed it, are those stock FJC steelies? Also, did this vehicle leave the shop and just come back for the sliders? Impeccable work as always!
Yes, stock FJC 17" wheels, on FJ80 axles.

The owner has had it for two years now and he brought it to me for some updates and sliders. It's nice to be able to see them after the initial build.

What's your IG?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles