FJ60 roof rack clamps

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
I’m building a roof rack for my FJ60 but I’m stuck on finding a suitable drip rail clamp, hopefully one that holds right but does not damage the stainless steel trim.

Any suggestions?

ekapel

No longer have my 60 but when I did I had a custom rack fabricated using Yakima gutter mount towers.
They are made of high strength nylon and worked great w/o damage to gutters. I used 5 per side to
distribute the wt as much as possible.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Unfortunately since drip rails are becoming obsolete on modern vehicle so soon will the mounts. I bought these off MUD from a small manufacturer for about $45 a set maybe 15 years ago. I looked and couldn't find them any longer. Given the weight and load expectations of a RR (emergency braking with load, etc...) spending a little more maybe worth it. Good luck on your build! (Note: if you havent removed the drip rail chrome trim, you may consider it and reseal the rail. The trim captures and holds moisture which will rust out your roof.)

Lmg

I’m building a roof rack for my FJ60 but I’m stuck on finding a suitable drip rail clamp, hopefully one that holds right but does not damage the stainless steel trim.

Any suggestions?

I have used these, they are very sturdy, they came on a rack I purchased from one of the larger Land Cruiser aftermarket parts suppliers.

However they may no longer be in business

Attachments

• Gutter mount roof rack legs.pdf
    685.3 KB · Views: 14
Look at Gamiviti
Local guy in Colorado
Really into cruisers and helping out the cruiser community
I have had several sets for my 40 and 100 series

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member