FJ60 Dual Case Transfercase Marlin Crawlers

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
I just spoke to the fine folks at Marlin Crawlers reguarding their dual case set-up for the FJ60 transfer case. They have built it and sold about 100 but do not have any more. They would build the kits once more if there is interest. The link is below. They need about 30 people interested to buy. I would buy a couple. There is one splined shaft they must buy 100 pcs. to make it worth while.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/transf...andcruiser-splitcase-automatic-dual-case-fj60

I don't remember the final gear ratio but it's really freaking low.

Westy

Adventurer
...and it will be the best modification and worth every penny on a 60! I miss the dual tcases from my mini truck. One day the 80 will get a low range gear set.

Sempertoy

Explorer
...and it will be the best modification and worth every penny on a 60! I miss the dual tcases from my mini truck. One day the 80 will get a low range gear set.

The 80 has a low range gear set. Offered by marlin crawler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Toy-Roverlander

Adventurer
I asked questions about that before, on their forum and through email. A mate of mine has done so too. We never ever even gotten a reply from them. Other questions I asked through email never have been answered either. I went for AA's Orion instead. They do gears for the 60case as well giving a 4:1 low range.

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Another Option

Advanced Adaptors has a low range gear kit for the FJ60, I think about $1300.00 that gives a 4:1 low range and a 10% UNDERdrive in the high range, not the best solution. Marks 4WD in Austrailia has the same gear kit but offers a 4:1 low range and a 10% OVERdrive in high range. It's more pricey like $1800 Austrailian dollars. I have no idea how much that is in US dollars of if you can find them in kangaroo pouches.

The cool thing about the gear kits is that you don't have to remake the drivelines or add new holes in the floor board.You basicilly rebuilding the transfercase.

86tuning

Adventurer
If that 10% underdrive 4:1 low range was available for an 80-series transfer case I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Would be the same as regearing my 80 from 4.1 to 4.56 final drive, plus the ~3.3:1 that I'd get with the Marlin Crawler low range gearset, all in one shot. No need to regear both axles and the transfer case, saving a lot of parts dollars, but more importantly, labour dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94