FJ40 Build thread - Hell's Kitchen

letgonow

Thanks for the response guys. I will try to keep them both going, but aside from any outside comments or discussions started, the updates will be the same. For that matter, you all can see my daily (weekly sometimes) updates on my facebook page.

Builds like this are both inspiring & motivational. Please continue with the update progress, as there are many (well, me & the other guy) who do not do facebook.

BTW, looks like you have a very well lit & clean shop.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I'm watching too mate, great work as usual... Always makes my jaw drop when I see the things you do with these rigs. Top shelf just like all the other trucks of yours I've seen and I look forward to seeing how you continue on the build.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks again for watching. I have made some progress in the past couple of weeks, but not as much as I would have liked. No pics at this time, but the roll cage project has begun. Will post pics when it looks like a truck.

Builds like this are both inspiring & motivational. Please continue with the update progress, as there are many (well, me & the other guy) who do not do facebook.

BTW, looks like you have a very well lit & clean shop.

Clean shop = clean work. I can't function with a mess on my hands. That said, it's time for a major overhaul of the shop layout. I'm just flat out of room.

Thanks.

MaineFarmer

Observer
I also enjoy watching your builds, sorry to hear you've moved over to mud. There's a lot of good info there but also strong opinions that sometimes make it hard to find the info I'm looking for.

Finished Product

The FJ is gone. My only part of the job was the fabrication so I won't see it running or get to drive it until the customer finishes it. Boooo.

Anyway, here are a few shots of the final product as it left my shop.

80nick

Howdy Matt, it's Nick from way back when... I think the first time we met was when you tried out at Chez Panisse when I was working there. 13 years ago maybe?

Build looks great. See you next week at Rubithon?

Howdy Matt, it's Nick from way back when... I think the first time we met was when you tried out at Chez Panisse when I was working there. 13 years ago maybe?

Build looks great. See you next week at Rubithon?

Wow, that was a while back. I still lived in the bay area then and honestly Chez Panisse was a bit of a stretch for me. When I moved to the foothills there was nowhere even remotely worth working as a cook, so the decision to open up shop was a pretty easy one.

I won't be at Rubithon unless I can break away from work for a quick trip.

Do you still have your FJ80? That is what you had right? You opened your own restaurant didn't you? How's that going?

big a

Adventurer
Thx for the update! It's always cool to get to see something all the way to the end!

Funny, but I like the way it looked in your shop better! I love the blue, but maybe it was the raw fabrication look that appeals to me :)

-Andy

Yeah me too. I wish I could clear coat everything in raw steel.

This guy is a MOPAR guy and he chose the right color for that. I may have him convinced he needs a flat black MOPAR stripe on the hood though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles