FJ ROCKS ARIZONA (FJ Cruiser Team Run) Saturday, June 10th

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
TRIP UPDATE AND COMMENTS:

From our Trip Leader Steve:

"For this run I'd recommend rock sliders due to the rocky wash area (1/3 mile). A rear locker will also aid in the challenging spots."

From the Prescott National Forest:

"More Fire Restrictions will go into effect on June 10th. We really do not expect them to be forest "closures". We'll know the details on Monday."

(I'll be re-calling them on Monday)

From Mark Longfield (our co-leader):

"Weather should be nicer than expected. About 82 in Prescott so figure on about 87-90 on DeSoto." (For a June run, that's great news!)

From me:

"Looks like we'll have a great variety of rigs for this run. With the responses I've got we should plan on one of the best trail runs ever. It might take us out to 4:00 PM (or so) to complete the run, though it'll be well worth it!

Bring extra water and sunscreen (something we always forget)!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Very cool John, thanks for posting the updates. I think it will be fun to travel in the LX with you guys and the infamous Mr. Brady for this. How cool!!!!

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
datrupr said:
Very cool John, thanks for posting the updates. I think it will be fun to travel in the LX with you guys and the infamous Mr. Brady for this. How cool!!!!

Geeze.....ya will be blast won't it. (Though I'm not sure if Scott is riding with me for sure)(no pressure Scooter!)

This will be my second trip in the LX. The first now that's completely rebuilt. We're gonna have to try some wild things! :D

Scott Brady

Founder
goodtimes said:
Which new lens did Scott end up with?

I was over at Wolfie's place a few days ago....he has a D-30 with a 100 - 400 L series (with I/S) sitting on a table....the thing is a friggin MONSTER! Some of the shots he took (off hand) while out birding with Chkuck recently were incredible. It will reach out there...and the I/S works well enough to make it usable w/o a tripod. He better not turn his back on it for too long. :gunt:

24-105L IS :elkgrin:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436

SavageSun4x4

I'm new on this forum and I own a beatup Jeep. If I can get it running and ready by Sat is it and myself welcome? I won't be offended if Toyota doesn't want a Jeep guy there.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
SavageSun4x4 said:
I'm new on this forum and I own a beatup Jeep. If I can get it running and ready by Sat is it and myself welcome? I won't be offended if Toyota doesn't want a Jeep guy there.

Even lowly Jeep owners can come. KIDDING! Get that sucker running!

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
John
If there is still space available
could you pencil me in for this as tentative

My business trip for this weekend was cancelled
so now the only thing between this ride and me going is
1600 square feet of sod that I will be laying in my backyard on Friday night as soon as it is delivered!:archaeolo

Sod laying volunteers and floodlights welcome!:beer:

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
mcvickoffroad said:
John
If there is still space available

Hmmm.....don't know. The trail is 12-ish miles long. How many rigs can we end-to-end in that space? GET YOUR BUNS THERE MCVICK! SEE YA!

Ya better come or:

:ar15: McVick

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Brian. I need to check with the boss, but if she says its OK and beer is involved, I can help you lay the sod.:eek:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Well, let me check with the boss. She nay not be too happy with me offering to help you ou with your back yard while mine is still under construction, but if I promise her I will finish it on Sunday, then she might let me do it. I'll give you a call and let you know. I don't have a spot light though, but I did lay my sod at night and did not have too many problems with it. And, if you throw in pizza or burgers/steaks, I might even bring over some really nice aluminum rack mounts made just for a Disco II.:D

Also, I like your new signature, but I have to say I was gonna use it quite a while ago, but I decided not to because I didn't think I could shave my head.:hehe:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
one piece of sod, one can of beer,

one sod of piece, one can of beer,

one case of beer later,
no sod, :hehe:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Brian!

If I was there...I would certainly help you!

Fun to see you getting broken in to the land of property ownership!

and.....I bet you have to do it either very early morning.....or late at night work. I guess that's what you ment by your floodlight comment.

Do the folks in Phoenix still do the low area lawns where they "flood" them in the summer to water them.....?

I remember as a kid, seeing flooded lawns with white painted trunks on the fruit trees.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mark, that was a long time ago when they did the city irrigation. The city has currently stopped that project, but some people are grandfathered into it. When the house sells the new owners are not capable of getting the irrigation. And the fruit trees are painted white at the bottom to help protect them from both the sun and insects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles