FJ ROCKS ARIZONA (FJ Cruiser Team Run) Saturday, June 10th

Scott Brady

Founder
Looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.

I am available for a simple dinner (Pizza or similar) afterwards too.

Scott Brady

Founder
Seth,

I expect that it will be too dark, given the group size. You will need to come back up this summer so Chris and I can do a ride with you. Sedona would be fun too!

Scott Brady

Founder
ShottsCruisers said:
Hey Scott. Are you driving? Or since Baja isn't coming will you be riding with us?

I have not decided completely, as Steph may come along, in which case, she would drive the Tacoma, and I will take pics :)

Scott Brady

Founder
John, thanks so much for putting this together.

We had a BIG group, but the more experienced kept things moving, and the didnt whine too much :elkgrin: (though the comment from one participant was pretty funny; something about being glad the Expeditions West guy was along so they could have a place to sleep and a shower)

The FJ's were VERY impressive, and had solid spotters from the FJ Team. The team members all used Bill Burkes spotting methods, which as great for directing new drivers.

I had a real blast, and Steph did great driving the ExTaco through ALL of the technical spots. And thanks to those who helped when she got a little hung up.

It was also great to meet some of you for the first time. Cant wait for the next adventure amigos!

I am going to post a few pics in a minute...

Scott Brady

Founder
Mr. Clarks SWEET 80 (really nice truck man:victory: )

IMG_0604.JPG

Stephanie driving through the rocky creek

IMG_0608.JPG

Jeremy's friend driving one of the FJ's (sorry I missed your name)

IMG_0610.JPG

Jeremy climbing the steep, loose climb. Another sweet truck and nicely built

IMG_0654.JPG

Our view to the south! WOW
IMG_0671.JPG

Scott Brady

Founder
Seth,

Sorry you were so far to the back. We need to plan a Sedona ride with Chris, you and I (and anyone else up for it).

Brian,

That was a cool surprise seeing you on the way out. Hope you had fun heading back to the other group.

NOW LETS SEE SOME MORE PICS!

clarkrw3

Observer
What a great day in the desart!! It was great to finally meet alot of you and put faces with the call names. I wanted to thank Shotts for putting this together. I don't know about others, but I didn't mind at all the size of the group or the time it took...it was to be expected.
It was great to meet you Stephanie and Scott, hope to get out on other trips with you soon...thanks for the excellent lead out. thanks for the props on the pic/rig, means alot coming from you. I will try and get some pics up when I can, I didn't get too many, didn't want to stop too much.

later

seth_js

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Sorry you were so far to the back. We need to plan a Sedona ride with Chris, you and I (and anyone else up for it).

No worries man. I'm definitely ready for a ride outside of the valley. Getting a little toasty down here. :sunny:

-Seth

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Well, it was an interesting day!

Ended up splitting into two groups from Mayer. We had 19 in the group for the "easy" trail run. They got to tour a good portion of the mountains south of Presott. We took a trail from Humboldt/Dewey to Walker, then over Mt. Union, and then headed south to Crown King on the Senator Hyw. Ended up getting to Cleator in time to see a few of the DeSoto group. The trail offered everyone the opportunity to use low range and the traction control system on the FJ's. I was quite impressed with the traction control system! We ended up covering about 80 miles of dirt.

I didn't get more than 2 or 3 photos - I was a bit busy...

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
WOW! What a day this turned out to be!

#1 is to thank Toyota's FJ Cruiser Trail Team to answer my invitation to Arizona. :beer: to FJ TT!

The Trail Team asked me to promote this trip to attract as many people as possible. Man....50+ vehicles....they got their wish alright.

The attendees were split into 2 groups....2 LARGE groups, which made the typical "socializing" a bit difficult. Group one ran DeSoto and group two hit Mt. Union and Senator Hwy.

So, the day was long for everyone. There was some major damage to one FJ on DeSoto. Other than that I heard issues were fairly light overall. Brush wasn't trimmed as much as we all thought. Bummer on that. Double bummer to a new FJ Cruiser.

#2 is to all whom attended: THANKS for showing up and making this event a HUGE success for Toyota. While most didn't experience the normal "sweet day on the trail" due to the huge crowd, it sure was nice to be a part of such an event!

:beer: to all the attendees!

PICTURES OF THE DESOTO RUN ARE NOW POSTED ON MY WEBSITE:
http://shottscruisers.smugmug.com/gallery/1559148

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles