FJ Cruiser Summit 2009

gjackson

FRGS
The event is starting tomorrow, and there is a lot of buzz around Ouray Colorado. I have to say these guys put on an impressive show. I will be helping trail lead for Overland Training along with Bill Burke. Today we pre-ran Black Bear and Ophir. Unfortunately no pics as I don't have the cable for my camera. I hope to borrow one tomorrow and get some pics up.

If you are at the event, post pics and stories in this thread!

cheers

tibaal89

Adventurer
Leaving Tucson tomorrow at sunrise! Can't wait to get there... last year was a bunch of fun and I expect the same this time around. :sombrero:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Wow I wish I had known you were gonna be there Graham.
I had to back out due to time/money but OT being there would have tipped the balance!
Oh well I went to the first 2 so missing this one will be ok.
have a great time, you too Mike!

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
So that's why I've seen so many built FJ Cruisers going through Flagstaff!

Have fun!

-H-

I ran Fins and Things with your group in Moab last year. I was in the Dark Green T-100.

I will be passing through Ouray/Silverton/Durango this weekend and will stop by and say Hi if I see your group.

Kevin

RadRod57

Heading North.. Invik, Dawson, Fairbanks

Hi Folks... It's RadRod

Well I'm here in Ouray and it's beautiful. I met up with the Canadians (Jeff & Emily)that I did the Kokopelli trail with in May. They are headed home to Calgary on Sunday (tomorrow) after the festivities wrap up.

I figure, I'm already on my way and I can follow them to Calgary.
From there I will continue North. Maybe Invik then down the Dempster to Dawson, maybe up to Fairbanks or down to Anchorage from there.

I will probably ship the FJ to either Tacoma or all the way to Long Beach, CA from there.

I know all this is short notice, but if I go back to CA I know I'm not going to leave again...

If anyone wants to tag along, Heck let me know.

I'm also checking with my wife to see if she can fly out and meet me.
But probably not until 1st or 2nd week in Aug.

I took Black Bear pass to Telluride and the Ophir Pass back to Ouray. It was very nice.
Here is the Flickr Link for my photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/radrod57/sets/72157621482063387/

I also blog on my web site http://www.radrod57.com

All-the-best,

Luke

Last edited:

gjackson

FRGS
Back from Ouray, and great event. Posting some pics here and more over at the OT blog.

I spent three days on Black Bear helping to spot people over the tricky section. No casualties means we were successful! :smiley_drive:

OT_FJ_Sum_003.JPG

My 'office' for three days:

OT_FJ_Sum_016.JPG

Really a great event; well planned and well executed. It was good to see some fellow Expo members there as well.

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles