Fj 62 diff gear ratio

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
OK, I would like to get some more torque out of my LC.
It is not my DD, and is loaded to the max! It has 2 inch lift and 35's.
Anyone that has an idea- please let me know.

Oyaji_Jon

Observer
So, do you have an FJ62, or do you have an FJ60 and are looking for the gear ratios on an FJ62? The question is a little confusing. There are several gear sets available for the Land Cruiser axles.

I'm running 4.10 in an FJ60 with 33" tires and a V8/5 speed, and these gears are plenty for when I go to 35s.

If you're running a Toyota 6 cylinder engine, I'd say you may want 4.56 or 4.88 gears with 35s. I don't have any personal experience there, though.

HTH

Last edited:

Corbet

Observer
If your question is what is the OEM ratio for a FJ62 diff the answer is 4.11

Swapping to 4.56 will bring you back to just under stock gearing and 4.88 just over stock gearing with 35's. I'd go 4.88 even 5.29 if your not daily driving it.

endo

PRIMITIVEROAD
OK, I would like to get some more torque out of my LC.
It is not my DD, and is loaded to the max! It has 2 inch lift and 35's.
Anyone that has an idea- please let me know.
I run 35's and 5.29 gears on mine. I also drive it daily. It works well for me. Top speed is about 75ish without pushing too hard but I seldom see that.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
thanks for the suggestions !
looks like 5.29 is the answer I was looking for as I need all the power I can get as I also tow a m-416 trailer with a tent etc..
I gave up long ago on the gas mileage for the reliability and versatility of the rig.

Willman

Swap in a 8V toyota motor! or a 350 would be cheaper....more power and better MPG's.

That's my future plan (chev. V8).....my 2f just runs to good to pull it plus the money tree died last year.....

:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles