Fish Tacos

Tacovendor

Explorer
This is how they start, so show me how they end. Pictures, recipies etc.
Photo is on the boat Excel (excelsportfishing.com) at Cedros Island BCS.:sombrero:
letstalkhookup082.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
They end in my stomach.

I've never made fish tacos but a couple weeks ago I picked up some frozen tilapia from costco that I intend to use for such a purpose. The best restaurant-made fish tacos I've had came from Joel's Mexican Restaurant in Sandpoint ID. They may not be world class gourmet, but dammit they are freaking good, freaking huge, and cheap.

DarinM

Explorer
I picked up some pre-crusted tilapia from the "Reduced" section of the grocery store yesterday. Sell by date was still 2 days away. Got two big fillets for, I think, $2.50 or so. Put a little olive oil on the bottom and top of my George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine (henceforth to be known as GFLMFRGM) and gave it about 4 minutes of cook time. Heated up a flour tortilla, glopped on some tarter sauce, couple slices of pepper jack cheese (yes, I know cheese and fish is against the rules) and a generous shaking of La Victoria hot sauce. Delicious dinner. Only problem was I had to keep fighting my cat Roxy who thought I had gone through all this trouble just for her.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
I have used both tilapia and whiting for fish tacos. My wife doesn't care much for garlic, but I typically marinade the fish in either garlic cheesy salad dressing or a teriyaki-type sauce. After 2 - 3 days of marinade, I bake the fish. Serve with pico de gallo, cilantro and a buttered flour tortilla or flavored wrap...uhmm!

Lumberjack

Adventurer
Grilled Alaskan Halibut, citrus infused shredded cabbage, mango/habanero salsa, lime infused sour cream, lightly fried tortillas... mmm now I'm hungry

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I can honestly say I make some of the best fish tacos around.
Double white corn tortillas, steamed.
Fish, (I usually fry it with a cajon blackend smoke seasoning.)
Cabbage, Cilantro, Montery Jack shredded cheese,
home made pico-de-gallo (jalepenos, tomatoes, yellow peppers, garlic, white onion, and garlic salt) chopped
sauce made with ranch dressing and Red Hot Durkee hot sauce
Lemon, served with black beans and rice. And beer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne