First U.S. Spec Kimberley T3 Kruiser Ready to Roam

Don,
I'm relatively new here (posting) although I've been following a number of the threads about the Kimberley products for a few years now. I'm looking to order a new Kimberley this year and was initially leaning toward the Kruiser-S, but now I'm seriously considering the Kruiser-T. I'm retired military and it will be just me and my small dog full-timing for at least a few years.
I like the compact size of the Kruiser-S for getting into remote and smaller locations, but the tandem axles and spaciousness of Kruiser-T is very appealing as well. Not a big difference in weight between the two...
Any thoughts, insights, and experience with your Kruiser-T to date would be greatly appreciated! Best wishes!
Sorry for my delay in replying to your post. I have friends who travel in “S” models, even a couple with a standard poodle. They love their Kruisers. I originally ordered an “S” but switched the order to the T3. The dual axle was a key factor. I had an Oliver with dual axles and a Conqueror with a single axle and really preferred the dual axle for a variety of reasons you are probably aware of—safety is one. Another is stability when camping. I rarely lower the rear stabilizers. Having the extra room is a big deal for me and I‘m a solo camper with no pets. This year I took three trips ranging in length from three weeks to 45 days. Although I spend most of my days outside hiking, cycling, etc., coming back to the spacious interior is nice—and the extra windows are a factor too. In terms of your ability to get into remote and smaller locations, the exterior dimensions of the “S“ and the “T” are not that different. Also, I’ve traveled with other “S” owners and I’ve never had a problem going where they have gone. These two Kruisers are not nearly as robust as the Karavan which I believe will go places I’d never attempt to go. I’ve seen videos of Karavan owners towing in areas that would be very difficult, if not impossible, for either Kruiser you’re considering. But the comfort of the T3 outweighs the capabilities of the Karavan for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94