First trip in my 2001 GTRV e350 v10.

bunce1260

Observer
Some great vans here, I'm jealous of all the space you guys have in the E vans.

Could I trouble you for some pictures on how those rear seats are built? I presume they fold down into a bed. I'd like to do something like that in my astro as the bed I have is not very useable as a seat, it's massive. I pulled it out of a GMC savanna.

Thanks in advance.

pfreeman

Observer
fenderflares.jpg

Some recent Upgrades - Added a front steering stabilizer, 2 inch rear wheel spacers I got from Ujoint, and fender flares. Also swapped bumpers for black and plasti-dipped the grill. The spacer/stabilizer upgrades have really improved the handling of the van. Gearing up for a 3 week ski trip through the PNW !

pfreeman

Observer
It looks like the farthest north I will get on this trip is Mt Baker at around Christmas time, then Hitting Stevens pass/ Leavenworth , Mt Hood, Mt Bachelor, and Shasta on the way back down.

Gtdad

Adventurer
It looks like the farthest north I will get on this trip is Mt Baker at around Christmas time, then Hitting Stevens pass/ Leavenworth , Mt Hood, Mt Bachelor, and Shasta on the way back down.
Love the leavenworth area , the wenatchee river is one of my favorite ww rivers, spent many hours playing on it.

Last edited:

wk_crd

Doing some research for installing roof rack rails on my Pleasure Way Traverse ... thanks for sharing you photos a ways back, it really helped visualize. Any issues over time with how far away from the support of the main to they are?

pfreeman

Observer
Hey Everyone. My wife and I have had some life changes including having a kid, and currently house shopping. So I think this van is going up for sale soon. What is the current market price range for something like this? I am going to take more photos but not sure what else to include in a potential ad,
Current Details below:

2001 GTRV WESTY Camper Van. Registered/Insured as an RV. Seating for 5, sleeping for 3.
Chassis: Ford E350 Extended body Camper van with Gas V10 engine 120,000 miles. Full Float rear axle.
I am the 3rd owner and have owned it since 55,000 miles. All Spark plugs were already replaced at 55,000 miles which is really the only issue that eventually pops up with this super reliable and powerful engine. We have driven this all over the west without a single issue.
Chassis/Exterior upgrades:
  • 2” Maxx Lift coil spacers, 2” rear block lift
  • 2” rear wheel spacers from Ujoint Offroad
  • Front Steering Stabilizers
  • Upgraded Rancho Shocks
  • American Racing Baja wheels with Toyo AT2 Tires 265x75xR16
  • Bushwacker Fender Flares
  • Full length Yakima Roof Rack Rails installed into pop top. Includes 3 crossbars (Roof box is negotiable)
  • Will include custom Awning Z-brackets that allow you to mount most awnings to the rain gutter. (no awning).
  • Upgraded PIAA LED headlights.
  • Tow package.
  • Engine block heater
  • Rear Ladder
  • Comes with new snow chains for 4 tires.
With the above upgrades the van rides WAY better than stock!
Interior:
  • GTRV V-Pop Top with upstairs bed. (need measurements for beds). Top is in good condition. Gel-goat on top is worn but otherwise in good shape. The Canvas has some light stains throughout but you can’t really notice unless you are up close. There is 1 rip that happened with it got snagged putting the top up – we taped it with fabric tape as shown and it is no longer an issue.
  • Custom curtains all around, along with full front cab privacy curtain that snaps into place.
  • Similar to Sportsmobile EB50 layout. Rear bench folds down into a spacious bed.
  • Passenger seat swivel.
  • 2.4 Cu.ft. Fridge with Freezer.
  • 2 6 volt deep cycle batteries. We have boondocked running the fridge, fan, lights for around 4-5 days at a time with no power issues. Would be easy to add solar to this rig if you needed more power.
  • Battery isolating solenoid – Batteries charge off the alternator while driving. We have
  • Microwave
  • Air Conditioner mounted in rear-door (currently non-functional – fuse?)
  • 8 lb Propane tank mounted under the van to frame
  • Propane hot water heater.
  • Kitchen sink with hot water
  • Shurflo water pump.
  • 10-gallon gray water tank plumbed under van
  • Shower with hot water near rear doors of the van.
  • 15-gallon Fresh Water Tank – direct fill from outside van. City Water Supply direct to faucet is installed as well – although we have never used it.
  • Cable Tv hookup.
  • Carbon Monoxide detector, Smoke Alarm, Propane Detector, Fire Extinguisher
  • Storage cabinets throughout.
  • Flip up Tables on barn doors. For use inside/outside van.
  • Wired for shore power AC with power converter.
  • Interior 12 Volt / AC power throughout.
  • 2000 watt Xantrex Inverter w/ auxiliary control switch (new in box, not installed).
  • Marine Vinyl flooring (it’s showing some wear, and we prefer a soft/insulated floor so there is a cheap but nice piece of indoor/outdoor rug cut to shape on top of the vinyl. The original owner had a wheelchair – so the space where our cooler is mounted in the photos is empty except for floor tracks for securing the wheel chair. There is space there for another seat, some sort of storage solution, or just leave it empty.
Signs of wear:
  • The white cabinets have some knicks/scuffs. The white laminate is also cracked in 2 places – doesn’t affect the function of the cabinets.
  • The vinyl floor has some cracks/tears/ discoloration.
  • There is one small dent in the rear of the van on the passenger side. A few other small knicks in the paint but all very normal for age of the vehicle.
  • Rear camper AC currently not functional. My guess it would be easy to repair or replace.

Attachments

• gtrvdrivers.jpg
    gtrvdrivers.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 31
  • gtrvinterior.jpg
    gtrvinterior.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 34
  • gtrvpassenger.jpg
    gtrvpassenger.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Forum statistics