First Gen Tundra Transmission/Transfer Case Cross Member

smokeysevin

Observer
Could one of you fine upstanding citizens upload a picture of how the first gen access cab tundra trans and transfer case crossmember looks? I have finally gotten all the crap together to do my swap but I want to see how the transfer case is supported. Is the transfer case supported or does it just hang off the trans?

Thanks,

Sean

Kpack

Adventurer
I can get pictures of my double cab, but I'm not sure if the transfer case support is different from an access cab? My guess is no, but without seeing an access cab I can't be sure.

bkg

Explorer
i'm confused... you are putting a ... replacement???.... a340 into your existing tundra? Can't you just look under your truck? Or am I missing something?

I can tell you on a 1st gen Tacoma, the transfer case is supported only by the transmission...

smokeysevin

Observer
I have a 2wd 01 Tundra currently, it has an A340E. I purchased an 04 A340F from another Tundra and a J-Shift manual transfer case from a 4runnner that I am installing in the Tundra along with manual locking hubs and a converted front diff to eliminate the ADD.

Sean

Reactions: bkg

bkg

Explorer
I have a 2wd 01 Tundra currently, it has an A340E. I purchased an 04 A340F from another Tundra and a J-Shift manual transfer case from a 4runnner that I am installing in the Tundra along with manual locking hubs and a converted front diff to eliminate the ADD.

Sean

I knew I was missing something!!

Kpack

Adventurer
Sorry it took so long. Been away from the internets for a couple days. Here's the transfer case from a DC, both sides. Appears to be unsupported on its own, attached to supported transmission
y4mmrP8nw-4yVU3RevH8MIxTiyGD6Ru1tAzLAkduT6Hwg_Rn7gs3MJbq02SHMEs9LYeYlkg3RGH98sglVvem9qiUiH41D8Gi7EY4wbPO1TDPVq6w0u69dx5J8Phl2DsJw-C8lgKMur37cn84hlbsFjE13Ek_ZREfPeSX4cXDDbiDL-9y9XB5KtE48yZwPBdUOvyCaJ1_sVl34hPvHrwSK_hxg

y4mBFWCx3vntMIwmH-IkjV0brtxJgpV8JPVU_MdUXZN3y6N2DxjD7k9kFcthoP10i0olKu5OwYyzQafqb9bAnB5FQXqxVNFML7fGWDvluJlJWH8VQJLJpEQrbnwNT88HcVaQswK2edadMsOWgfRJbX72FGjtW8C46tWtPIql8cVFCPVqetlhhX0nqJk6--SLJo-QQYrvvnFU4kRwx9DvIA8gg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94