First Gen Tundra Bed Dimensions

gmacmt

Adventurer
Hey all,

Need to get some info from first gen tundra owners if possible. Does anyone know the difference in dimensions between access and double cab tundra bed sizes?

Relevant dimensions would be width and length of bed rails, and height from top of bed rail to top of cab. Designing a topper system and curious if the two vehicles are different.

Also, step sides not relevant for this.

Thanks in advance,

-g

Del Gue

Observer
The two vehicles are definitely different. Not sure if the footprints are different but the DCs have a deeper box than the ACs.

mtran

As far as I know besides the DC box being deeper it is also shorter by an inch or two. I've read on TundraSolution that a DC shell will fit an AC but will be a bit short.

gmacmt

Adventurer
Really appreciate all the help guys.

Thanks for the link, saw this a while back... I wish this site wasn't so clunky. Makes it a bit hard to read, and trust.

As far as I know besides the DC box being deeper it is also shorter by an inch or two. I've read on TundraSolution that a DC shell will fit an AC but will be a bit short.

I've read conflicting things, both that they are the same and different.

2005 Tundra DoubleCab, just measured it right now:

76" long from inside surfaces
78" long outside edges

63" wide inside surfaces
68" wide outside edges

21" deep

-Kevin

Thanks so much kevin. Should be able to track down an access cab to pull tape.

llcoleg

A double cab shell will fit the access cab. Here’s a pic of my access cab. Shell was taken off double cab.

Attachments

• AA6AA16B-D398-4FDD-A022-E1AA265009F9.jpeg
    AA6AA16B-D398-4FDD-A022-E1AA265009F9.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 108

llcoleg

A double cab shell will fit the access cab. Here’s a pic of my access cab. Shell was taken off double cab.
Want to update that there is a gap where the bed meets the cab so it actually is a touch short I had to seal with a rubber sealant.

SLO_California

Want to update that there is a gap where the bed meets the cab so it actually is a touch short I had to seal with a rubber sealant.
Is that a gap in length or a gap in height? My double cab has plastic bed rails on the sides and nothing on the front. If a shell were flat all around it would have a small gap in height. I think this could be eliminated by removing the plastic caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne