First drive of my YJ build!

The_Goob

Its been a long winter and spring swapping axles and lots of other things on my YJ. This jeep was highly modified before I started but I decided to redo most of it.
I made a video(below) of the test drive, but ive done alot of vids of the build, check out my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/FlawedOffroad?sub_confirmation=1

Its set up more for wheeling than overlanding but I still plan on building my m101 trailer up to match the jeep!
I could type for hours all the stuff ive done so Ill just give a basic rundown of what I did,
axles:78 f250 hp44 front and dana 60 rear
60: trussed, bored spindles for 35 spline chromoly shafts, 513 gears, ox locker, el dorado disc brakes
44: reid knuckles, yukon sure grip(or dura grip), chromoly shafts, c gussets, all new lockouts and bearings, 1.5" .25 wall steering links in crossover(plan on getting both above the leafs soon)
I switched the jeep to Spring over axle (SOA) and used new 7 leaf wagoneer springs. (removed 2 leafs in rear and 1 in front) this gives me 2" of stretch on each end, plus 1 extra inch in rear with offset perches
Major mods to the fuel tank/skid to clear the axle and its still questionable lol.
Brakes: all new stainless hard lines, stainless AN hoses on front and used a 90 ram w150 rear brake hose for extra length in rear, 4 wheel disc, dodge 2500 master cylinder, proportion valve from an XJ with the guts from a ZJ that came with 4w disc, double booster from a 95 yj, I think that about covers that.

If you want to see anything more in detail or have any questions post em up!

Attachments

• IMG_9424.JPG
    IMG_9424.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94