Firefighters and Public Safety

rossvtaylor

Adventurer
Patoz, thanks for giving me the heads-up about this thread.

I came from the PD side of this. I started with Maricopa County SO and then did a lateral to Phoenix PD, where I spent the last 12.5 years. Kara was the Fire Ecologist at the Grand Canyon and was trained in, and did, firefighting and fire management there as well.

Don't tell my former PD colleagues that I'm driving an ambulance now... :)

Actually, I thought about switching to fire a few times. The Phoenix Fire Chief, and a Deputy Chief, were friends and tried to talk me into it. You guys and gals seemed to have all the fun. But, seeing some of the photos posted (like on page 15)... wow, that's beautiful and impressive, but downright scary. My hat's off to all of you.

Ross and Kara

patoz

Expedition Leader
Glad to see you made it here Ross! You didn't tell me about Kara being a Firefighter, that's pretty cool too!

Last edited:

shortround13

Hey all, thought I'd say hi.
Paid FF/medic for 9 years and 6 on an ambulance before that.
I'm out in Denver and have been thinking about getting involved with a SAR team anybody have any advice or contacts? I have some experience having been a member of our USAR team but the SAR aspect is new to me

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the madness! :beer: I'm in Florida, so I can't help you with any info about a local SAR team, but I know there are some on here from out in that area.

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
Really enjoyed going through all the posts here!

Wanted to say hi myself, I don't have the experience and wisdom that many of you have. Im studying for an undergraduate, while working and volunteering for mu local SAR 4x4 unit. I strive to learn more every day, especially from this community of firefighters, emt, and SAR. Thank you for your stories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Cant believe ive missed this one-

Hi to all, I work on the side as a freelance FireFighter/EMT-B-( one last test before advanced cert)
I started young in 2006 ( I was 16) and am still at it. I have a home Dept in Eastern Oregon.
Structure, wildland, Confined space rescue, etc
Emt B- MCPIC, and Remote EMT B certified. NREMT and in Oregon.
My " Normal job" Is as the site Safety coordinator, ( SHE Person ) for a large company.

Upped to A-EMT- June, 2017*

Update: 9/29/19

Continue to work with my local dept: Umatilla County Fire District 1.

Also work medical contracts for, Event Medic Services, Amphibias Medics, Adventure Medics.

And as a " full time" job as a remote medical provider and safety manager in Alaska, on processing vessels and remote processing plants.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Welcome guys!

I missed this thread at first also, but considering the size of this forum, that's not surprising. Always good to meet fellow EMTs, Paramedics, Firefighters, etc. from around the country!

redneckdan

Reliability Engineer by day. By night, member of St Louis County Rescue Squad, a volunteer sheriff's auxilary, in northern minnesota. Also, field supervisor for the ERT and confined space rescue teams at work.

SLCRS- North Detachment primarily operates in a rural/wilderness environment, particularly serving the BWCA & Voyagers NP and surrounding areas. In 2016 we broke our old record of 373 calls with a new record of 428; ~ 22,000 hours served.

One of last year's calls with a happy ending.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dulu...-near-echo-trail?amp?client=ms-android-att-us

patoz

Expedition Leader
Reliability Engineer by day. By night, member of St Louis County Rescue Squad, a volunteer sheriff's auxilary, in northern minnesota. Also, field supervisor for the ERT and confined space rescue teams at work.

SLCRS- North Detachment primarily operates in a rural/wilderness environment, particularly serving the BWCA & Voyagers NP and surrounding areas. In 2016 we broke our old record of 373 calls with a new record of 428; ~ 22,000 hours served.

One of last year's calls with a happy ending.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dulu...-near-echo-trail?amp?client=ms-android-att-us

Most of what we as Emergency Personnel respond to, ends up being a bad situation for the people involved, so it's nice when the outcome is a good one for a change.

Congratulations on this one turning out that way!

Waytec

Adventurer
Good day all
I am coming back to this forum after life pulled me away from a lot of things that make me happy

I am currently 5 years with Blackfalds Fire and Rescue in central Alberta. We are a paid on call department. Just got my NFPA 1001 level 2 papers.
before that 3 years in Stonmills Township in Ontario. where I was leased to MNR for a summer.

To pay the bills I am a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles