Firefighters and Public Safety

ExpedH3T

Explorer
Just found this thread, been a paramedic in the City of San Diego for 23 years, Spent a good amount of time on The Box side, SDFD for 17.

dstn2bdoa

Adventurer
Started off as a volunteer FF for CDF, then did quite a number of years as a ski patroller (my favorite). Joined a local SAR but never got to do a search, people don't seem to get lost at convenient times. I'm currently a engineer/medic for a medium sized dept in the Los Angeles area. Been here for about ten years.

I spent quite a bit of time looking for my niche. I wish I had found it earlier, I'd be getting pretty close to retirement if I had.

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Huh, guess I never replied to this thread. Whoops.

Been with San Diego Fire-Rescue for just over 20 years. Currently a Battalion Chief assigned to Battalion 1 downtown.

Other related duties include being on a Federal Incident Management Team (14 years) and on our US&R team (14 years).

I did spend a little time with San Diego Mountain Rescue back in the late 80's, and some time as a volly in the Midwest and New England in the early/mid 80's.

I'll start taking notes....

Rescue_Burb

Hi I just found this thread.
I am Deputy SAR Coordinator for the county(Powell Co., KY)and a Rescue LT. for the Vol. Fire Department (in the county we are all vol.) both jobs don't pay cash but to help someone is what it is all about.
I have been in SAR 10 years and fire for 7 years.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Just noticed this thread :)
Done a little of a lot over the years from life guarding to helitack. Currently one of a hand full of Certified Critical Care Paramedics in California. Worked private and public services and living out near Hollister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnybean

Observer
FNG here. Just found this thread. Thought I'd say hello. I'm not seeing many wildland guys here. Maybe I'm alone? Been employed with the USFS since 1994. Spent time on engine and helitack crews. But most of my experience has been on hotshot crews.

This thread is seriously lacking in the photo department so here's some to get started.

Alaska

Idaho

Oregon

Montana

How about some more?

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Bringing back memories. What's the name of that crew I've never seen orange lids like that. Most shot crews run a full brim, to many to be a jump crew, hmmm :)

What does a Hot Shot do with a kitchen fire?

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Bringing back memories. What's the name of that crew I've never seen orange lids like that. Most shot crews run a full brim, to many to be a jump crew, hmmm :)

What does a Hot Shot do with a kitchen fire?

warejn

Observer
1e46f88b0d21c723c4b88476a1300461.jpg

Dripping and ripping in R5 last summer.

e3a475c7339717920ddb5e70a1836c53.jpg

2200 chow in AK, way to much sun, bugs and rain. Loved it.

6cc57f9d1bb3eac33cc1a216ebcaee78.jpg

AK transport. It hold 400 gallons of diesel. One of the few pics I have of me. The thing was very cool, the owners use it for hunting trips in the winter and fire support in the summer.

Last edited:

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
answer: cuts a line through the the living room and burns out
8dc6c132d2caf2b1535ff6ec2e477ba7.jpg

That's me on the left and Kevin Goodwin. I've lost touch with him it would be good to say hello. If anybody knows him. He dropped out of Annapolis and went a wandering the earth. Solid dude.

Oblio

Observer
I'm a Federal Corrections Officer, and my wife and I are on the county SAR squad. Getting ready to head to swift water training course next month, and my wife is starting her education to become a SAR dog trainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles