FIRE

billiebob

I know when all is done correct everything is good.

And I know, sometimes wether it is fire, tornado or tidal wave, when your number is up...
be ready.

But I toss around propane cuz it does it all. Heat, refrigeration, cooking. ThenI see this, and this is in a Certified camper using engineered systems.... altho they may have been modified or at least unmaintained. But when I see this, just like all the catalytic heater deaths in tents in the 1970s, I revert to a pure electric, solar system and insulation or layers for heat.

Nothing is more frightening than fire.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I suspect that you are being extremely generous toward your fellow human when you assume that fire is associated with an engineered propane system. When I see that news item, I’m much more likely to assume that was somehow drug related, or perhaps associated with some very sketchy heating system.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
I read and listened to all three mishaps , did not hear or see anything related to propane heater, stove, water heater malfunction. The old man might have been a smoker, Appears there are pending investigations.
To bad the little boy had to perish, although his mother was checking in on him every half hour (doubt it) from her work. Report says little boy playing with matches probable cause..
Hopefully, the mother of the boy has no more children to sacrifice to stupidity.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
50yr old and 29yr old in a van city dwelling. Yeah kinda leaning in the direction of not a couple just on a road trip. Old RVs have old refrigerators and old wiring that have suffered road vibration for yrs. Even if it wasn’t Human caused it was likely still questionable stuff in need of rebuild.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Anything....candles, cigarettes, incense, Heater Buddy, small fire pit, crack/meth torch, small animal hitting propane appliance knob turning on gas, tapping into the fuel line for gas heater, etc, etc........death of elderly man in place leads one to think that it maybe a smoking accident. Arson Investigator(s) should be able to determine cause. Sad......

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Anything....candles, cigarettes, incense, Heater Buddy, small fire pit, crack/meth torch, small animal hitting propane appliance knob turning on gas, tapping into the fuel line for gas heater, etc, etc........death of elderly man in place leads one to think that it maybe a smoking accident. Arson Investigator(s) should be able to determine cause. Sad......
Since when was 50 elderly?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Since when was 50 elderly?

Oops.........Sorry, I meant to say the "The new 30" male.....(cause, your right! I fall in the same catagory, I should have known better....)
I was going to make a crack that maybe you just forgot due to advanced age and it had nothing to do with not knowing better.

But I forgot how the crack I was going to make was going to go after I started typing..... ?

I am very seriously considering replacing LPG stove with induction. Will eliminate fire/CO hazards, free up more room in “trunk” and reduce rear axle load by ~70kg…(~1%).
And no more hassles with ports, roro ships, and total absence of worldwide standards re LPG fittings.
Got lots of solar panels. And big batteries.
Don’t even need Li for 15-30 minutes of cooking/day.

wurningdirt

I am very seriously considering replacing LPG stove with induction. Will eliminate fire/CO hazards, free up more room in “trunk” and reduce rear axle load by ~70kg…(~1%).
And no more hassles with ports, roro ships, and total absence of worldwide standards re LPG fittings.
Got lots of solar panels. And big batteries.
Don’t even need Li for 15-30 minutes of cooking/day.

I agree, induction stove are more safe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior