FINALLY! Picked up an IntechRV Explore trailer!

RacerAV

Ive been looking for a year at different trailers. Teardrops. Cargo. Customs. All aluminum. Steel and wood. Insulated. I learned quite a bit. Mostly on what specs I wanted, and what features I needed. I loved the idea of a cargo trailer, due to its usefulness and future mods. But I wanted something that was more complete than in need of modification. AC and heat. Solar. Lights. I wanted some features from the get go...

All that led me to IntechRV and their Flyer line up. The Explore was perfect. Not too big or small. I could ALMOST stand up in it. Cargo room. Ramp door. Insulated. All electrical work is done. AC and heat. Wow was I excited... problem was, limited availability and info! Very few walkthrough videos. Very few reviews. No dealers near me in CA.

Well then things took a turn! I went to AZ for a wedding! BAM. Toms Camperland. They had not one, but THREE of the Explore trailers!!! White, silver, and gray. I knew, the white one was mine. I just kept my fingers crossed it was still there when I got there!

A month later... the day after the wedding... I ditched the family (sorry everyone)... and drove 25 min to the store! IT WAS THERE!!!

Took it home with me that day! My wife's daily driver was our road trip vehicle, not my Wrangler... but no matter. The trailer was mine! Uh... I mean... OURS!

It's got the tip out bed, the pull out kitchen, and the ramp door. I love it and can't wait to take it out for the first time! I'll be modifying it along the way, as I do with all my toys. But for now, it's JUST right!!!

IntechRV, WELL DONE with this trailer. Few issues I've found and semi fixed, but will hopefully have a better answer from IntechRV later.

Tom's Camperland in Mesa, AZ, thank you! You even sent me a box with items left behind from the trailer! Excellent customer service!

Things on the to do list in no particular order:
Jacks/stands/stabilizers for the rear ramp to make it an above ground patio.
Screen room for the patio idea.
Road shower (4L already ordered!)
Fox wing awning. (Done!)
Outdoor shower set up for the road shower.
Find all my velcro patches and attach to the walls!
Matching wheels and tires to Wrangler (AEV Savegre with 35" BFG AT KO2 tires.)
Weather proof tip out bed window material... seems to be a cotton canvas?
Sink set up (probably pump sink with couple water jugs below for clean and gray.)
Wrap white to match Gobi tan Jeep Recon.
Some sort of pop up cargo box style roof top tent (think James Baroud tents but UNDER $3000.)

Other ideas and thoughts appreciated!

Thanks for reading! (Man I hope I put this in the right section)

Attachments

• IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 665
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 656
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 630
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 598
Last edited:

theboatlife

Nice camper. I’ve been doing a lot of looking at those as well, although I’m leaning more towards the Pursue. There aren’t a lot of places to go check them out but I did get a look at one of their older versions a while back and they seem to be built very well.

Have fun with all the mods and post updates, let us know how towing is with the Recon.

Subscribed!

ottsville

Observer
I got to poke around one of the Flyers last weekend and was very impressed. Aluminum frame, nice space in the cabin, really well done.

RacerAV

First little project complete!

Attachments

• 8D217C44-8EEB-41F9-9082-B0C5858E2A42.jpeg
    8D217C44-8EEB-41F9-9082-B0C5858E2A42.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 356
  • 405BC582-040F-44C9-9D4A-55155E98B63F.jpeg
    405BC582-040F-44C9-9D4A-55155E98B63F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 358

MrOffshore

Observer
I love the write...glad you're loving the new Explore!! Have to tell you, we never imagined the overhead cabinet would double as a crib, but, you know it looks pretty comfy up there (love that picture)!! If you haven't already, please join the "inTech RV Owners Group" Facebook page and post your modifications, the community there loves (as we do too) seeing the mods. I have to say, I love the bungee idea across the overhead compartment openings...we've discussed that a few times and weren't sure how to do it and make it look clean...your installation doesn't just look clean, it looks spectacular...we might be "stealing" that idea as it is very impressive...clean, simple and functional!!

Don't crazy on your screened in rear ramp door yet...we are currently getting ready to develop one...we have an Explore that will be built at the end of this month that is heading over to one of our vendors to be measured, fitted and hopefully equipped with the prototype screened in porch...if all goes well, we will be offering this as an option and it will retrofit onto any existing Explore or XLT Plus /Max Plus.

We've been working on a rear screen door for the ramp door of the Explore along with the side door (don't worry Pursue and Chase owners, we're working on one for your Flyers as well), we had one built and then tweaked it a bit. It's held in place with rare earth magnets. The side door will have a zippered center entrance and the rear ramp door will have a partially zippered (3/4 of the way down) center entrance combined with rare earth magnets at the bottom section so you don't have to bend over to open it up. It's heavy duty screening and if you walk through it, it will simply come off the magnets with no damage...again, keeping with our simple is better motto, this is going to be a hit!! Watch our Facebook page, I'm hoping to post a video of it along with pricing. Orders will be able to be taken right after pricing is announced and we will ship quickly thereafter.

I loved your story on the Explore...we appreciate our customers and enjoying seeing how they modify their Flyers and where they use them. Thanks for sharing!!!

dreadlocks

Picked me up a NOS 2017 Discover on Friday Morning for a steal

I love this thing, the quality is profound compared to everything else I had looked at.. I had no idea the tandem axle was torsion until I had already bought it and was reading the warranty cards at camp, boy did that make my day.. Put 1500 miles on it so far and towed like a dream, everything inside was exactly where I left it and nothing had shifted at all.. Only spent 2 nights camping in it so far and already got alot of lookie loo's.. Loaded it up today with all our gear and getting it ready to go back out this weekend.

Great work inTech, I was gonna pull the trigger on a Wolf Pup toy hauler before I inadvertently stumbled upon this in a google image search... I'm so glad I spent twice the money and got an order of magnitude better quality in exchange.

Attachments

• IMG_20180428_085610.jpg
    IMG_20180428_085610.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 3,704

RacerAV

Well, got some things done... pics to follow!

Found all my morale patches!

Installed the propane tank cover. Some melted plastic, bracket bending, foam tape, and spray paint cleaned up the front a LOT!

Finished the shock cord cubby mod!

Bummed to find out my 2300 watt Ryobi generator won't power the heater at all... overloads it every time! BUT the AC works, most of the time... (i think if the trailer battery is low that is too much, not sure yet). So for now, instead of a second generator, I'll just bring along a little 1200w electric heater. Got the inside of the trailer to a warm 95deg. before I shut it off, lol... had to test it! (Tip up bed was closed, guessing it will be tougher to get that warm while it's open, we'll see!). (I really like the Ryobi by the way.)

I bought some tactical pouches from a favorite company of mine, Blue Force Gear. They have hook side on the back, bam... up on the wall!

Problems! (with solutions)
SO, unfortunately it looks like the installer of the tip out bed screwed the small brackets that hold the bottom of the support pole (front to rear/parallels trailer) into the wall/floor of the tip out bed. BUT then they removed and moved the brackets maybe a 1/4" which then weakened the wall material. The forward bracket completely ripped off the wall and was hanging loose, leaving a small nickel/quarter sized hole! Very displeased.

I spoke to IntechRV (man is their customer service awesome!!!) and they sent me out some thick aluminum plates for me to fasten to the wall and then fasten the bracket to the plates after that, way stronger! I have yet to install them but it will undoubtedly work like a charm!

THEN first trip out, I went to push the yellow safety latch in order to slide the kitchen back in after loading up the fridge before heading out! STILL on the driveway, we were stuck. The slide wouldn't go back in. The small bracket that rotates up and down with the yellow safety latch/catch had bent and was stuck on the next rail inward. I took a ball pin hammer and tapped in back inward, but then the whole thing popped off! It's held in by some sort of rivet with no back side. I'm thinking a tiny nut and bolt would be much better, but yet to fix it. For now, the catch is off, and there's no locking of the slide. Called IntechRV once we got home and they offered me a whole new slide bracket! I haven't asked for them to send it out yet, going to try to fix that myself. Bummed but it'll get fixed one way or another.

Can't speak highly enough about IntechRV and their customer service though... the small problems are made even smaller by their support throughout!

So happy with the trailer! Taking it to Home Depot this weekend to pick up a new huge rolling tool box! :)

kardiackids23

I love the write...glad you're loving the new Explore!! Have to tell you, we never imagined the overhead cabinet would double as a crib, but, you know it looks pretty comfy up there (love that picture)!! If you haven't already, please join the "inTech RV Owners Group" Facebook page and post your modifications, the community there loves (as we do too) seeing the mods. I have to say, I love the bungee idea across the overhead compartment openings...we've discussed that a few times and weren't sure how to do it and make it look clean...your installation doesn't just look clean, it looks spectacular...we might be "stealing" that idea as it is very impressive...clean, simple and functional!!

Don't crazy on your screened in rear ramp door yet...we are currently getting ready to develop one...we have an Explore that will be built at the end of this month that is heading over to one of our vendors to be measured, fitted and hopefully equipped with the prototype screened in porch...if all goes well, we will be offering this as an option and it will retrofit onto any existing Explore or XLT Plus /Max Plus.

We've been working on a rear screen door for the ramp door of the Explore along with the side door (don't worry Pursue and Chase owners, we're working on one for your Flyers as well), we had one built and then tweaked it a bit. It's held in place with rare earth magnets. The side door will have a zippered center entrance and the rear ramp door will have a partially zippered (3/4 of the way down) center entrance combined with rare earth magnets at the bottom section so you don't have to bend over to open it up. It's heavy duty screening and if you walk through it, it will simply come off the magnets with no damage...again, keeping with our simple is better motto, this is going to be a hit!! Watch our Facebook page, I'm hoping to post a video of it along with pricing. Orders will be able to be taken right after pricing is announced and we will ship quickly thereafter.

I loved your story on the Explore...we appreciate our customers and enjoying seeing how they modify their Flyers and where they use them. Thanks for sharing!!!
What was the result of the screen doors for the explore? I would love to get them when I purchase one.

RacerAV

The latest uses!

Attachments

• 323DBC4E-9962-40CA-BBF5-FBDCE4AD6FDF.jpeg
    323DBC4E-9962-40CA-BBF5-FBDCE4AD6FDF.jpeg
    1,010.8 KB · Views: 392
  • AEBB6AF1-6566-41D6-BFBF-18E7977B7609.jpeg
    AEBB6AF1-6566-41D6-BFBF-18E7977B7609.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 390
  • 14A6C3FE-C350-4F21-B84F-446196F1F0B1.jpeg
    14A6C3FE-C350-4F21-B84F-446196F1F0B1.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 365

RacerAV

And some of my “mods!”

1. Installed the propane tank cover. Was not a simple task but looks great now.

2. Tried out the Nemo shower tent. Ended up with a cheaper and better IMHO one from Walmart! Two rooms, one for shower and one for toilet. Super simple pop up design.

3. And 4. The pop out bed tent support brackets ripped off the wall, so Intech sent me some beefy aluminum plates and man what a difference! (Love their customer service. Best I’ve seen so far.)

5. Velcro cable ties work great to stow the top pole.

6. The rear ramp door has a super grippy material sprayed on it. Awesome for traction. HORRIBLE on your elbow and your gear. So a semi matching outdoor carpet I had once used as a tent footprint worked great once trimmed down.

7. Some of my patches.

8. Road shower 4L!!!! Finally!!!! Installed UNDER the roof rack. Two side brackets and a couple expanders I put together keep it secure!

9. The Batwing is awesome!!! And love my tire cover/old tuck sack cover.

10. Poor mans Aluboxes are AWESOME. I lock them together (additional smaller boxes on top of these large ones) and strap them down. Then I use the boxes as tie down points for other stuff! They’re awesome. Think I spent around $350 for SIX boxes, three smaller and three larger. I wrote another post somewhere about them with more pics.

Attachments

• D7E1817F-1A56-46F0-AEDD-0FEC445BDDEF.jpeg
    D7E1817F-1A56-46F0-AEDD-0FEC445BDDEF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 298
  • 98311644-1A9B-496F-8D74-8D1EB5DC0D8E.jpeg
    98311644-1A9B-496F-8D74-8D1EB5DC0D8E.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 301
  • 79732A43-7748-4125-9DA5-DA25ED0065CD.jpeg
    79732A43-7748-4125-9DA5-DA25ED0065CD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 299
  • 4AA3BB4D-55E1-4975-8A02-0F91FDAA6A17.jpeg
    4AA3BB4D-55E1-4975-8A02-0F91FDAA6A17.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
  • 5DFFDC6B-08DC-4929-8A90-71E416C96177.jpeg
    5DFFDC6B-08DC-4929-8A90-71E416C96177.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 291
  • F2BE4584-08C1-4469-96AE-5BEC05BEBFD2.jpeg
    F2BE4584-08C1-4469-96AE-5BEC05BEBFD2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 310
  • 85FE5CDF-BB64-496A-86E1-4FF295C30D78.jpeg
    85FE5CDF-BB64-496A-86E1-4FF295C30D78.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 308
  • 3C6F81B2-F531-461F-AEBF-F7CAB75D3DE3.jpeg
    3C6F81B2-F531-461F-AEBF-F7CAB75D3DE3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 299
  • E790F9FB-12E3-4C13-9437-48AA578F0AA0.jpeg
    E790F9FB-12E3-4C13-9437-48AA578F0AA0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 308
  • 11F1EB1D-966E-4450-BE34-DD55F3281666.jpeg
    11F1EB1D-966E-4450-BE34-DD55F3281666.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 322
Last edited:

TNcaveman

I'm thinking of a custom order on an Explore. Anything you would change if you custom ordered one? I'm definitely wanting the off-road package. I'm wondering if they will do one with Toyota hubs - 6 bolt. No kitchen, front storage area, A/C, double rear doors with windows, roof rack, ladder (if available), and tip-out bed (road-side). I would add a TV, futon - love seat, table. Cooking would be with a portable stove outside - no fridge - coolers. Food in totes. Add bike mounts to floor. And probably a bat wing, even though they are $$.

Getting kind of excited. Probably will take too long to get - fingers crossed.

RickLB

Did you install the tie downs for the rigid boxes or were they already there?
How did you install the first project?
Thanks in advance and love my Intech Flyer Pursuetruckntrailer (2).jpg

RacerAV

I'm thinking of a custom order on an Explore. Anything you would change if you custom ordered one? I'm definitely wanting the off-road package. I'm wondering if they will do one with Toyota hubs - 6 bolt. No kitchen, front storage area, A/C, double rear doors with windows, roof rack, ladder (if available), and tip-out bed (road-side). I would add a TV, futon - love seat, table. Cooking would be with a portable stove outside - no fridge - coolers. Food in totes. Add bike mounts to floor. And probably a bat wing, even though they are $$.

Getting kind of excited. Probably will take too long to get - fingers crossed.

I wish I had :
-off road package (lift) ( I already have the mud tires and alum. Wheels.)
-Jeep lug pattern

I love the kitchen. I can always repurpose it for other stuff in the future but the hard work is done! I love the tip out bed. Same reasons. Love the AC, fan, drop down ramp door,

Don’t need a TV. Get an iPad. Easy. Done.
Bike mounts? Use the tie downs. Done. I have. Work great. I sold my Foxwing and bought a Batwing. Love it.
Did you install the tie downs for the rigid boxes or were they already there?
How did you install the first project?
Thanks in advance and love my Intech Flyer PursueView attachment 461724
Tie downs were OEM. LOVE them. Okay which was my first project? The shock cords on the cubby holes? Simple. Drilled holes. Threaded/laced the cord. Tied off and evened the tension out. Done. SUPER helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles