Finally got myself a 4Runner

Richie

Adventurer
I bought it a month ago for $3k. It's a '93 3.slow V6 auto with 150k. It is a bit slower than I'm used to, but loving it so far nevertheless. I put on the BFG's, fixed a overheating problem caused by the radiator and got new brakes. Eventually I'll be taking off the running boards and lifting the sagging rear with new rear coils and 2" suspension lift. I haven't taken it out of town yet and I'm anxious to see how it does off-road.

The day I bought it
375.jpg

Now
458.jpg

JasonRedwood

Explorer
Looks to be in nice condition.
Im not sure what the smog restrictions are in New Mexico but the best upgrade i discovered through research for the 3.0 is headers.
I found some california legal ones for my engine, not on yet.
The non-Carb headers are cheaper I think. they allow for more flow obviously but also alleviate any excessive heat for cylinders 3 and 6

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Looks great! I remember drooling over those when I was 16.

Are you sure you want to lift the rear and eliminate the pre-runner look? They were intentionally designed that way to resemble the stance of baja pre-runners. It's something only we 1st and 2nd generation 4runner owners can claim.

If it were mine, all I would change is to put some of these on it (the period-correct Toyota steel wheels):

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/i...OiK6bd5KSnbk-Ouf9O4bBnQkkaXB1Zaipv92rNc0oDVJg

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94