Finally got my GFC Superlite

emulous74

Man it's sad hearing more and more of these kinds of stories. To me it seems that a few simple tweaks from GFC would fix every issue we've been reading about...

Customer service 101

On a side note- is the GFC logo supposed to be upside down on the tent or whas that literally a mistake?

According to GFC in their video, it was a mistake, that they parodied so that they wouldn't have to wait months for new fabric with the logo in the correct direction. My understanding is the fabric and logos are done overseas and GFC in-house sews the fabric for the tents. They silk-screened the fabric to show it was a mistake and labeled them first editions so that the customers wouldn't flame them. Considering the outlay of time and money for the fabric and already being way over the first projected delivery (Nov 2020), I think they made a wise choice.

beef tits

To be fair it does say "almost perfect" edition on the side. Presumably, it's the first run of their cheaper product from the China plant and that's also who performed the packaging. It's almost as if they didn't expect it to be perfect and clearly advertised it that way ;)

I don't disagree that the customer service response was pretty dumb and I'd also be upset if mine arrived damaged.... buuuut... you do get what you pay for and that is a pretty cheap RTT all things considered.

aaaslayer

According to GFC in their video, it was a mistake, that they parodied so that they wouldn't have to wait months for new fabric with the logo in the correct direction. My understanding is the fabric and logos are done overseas and GFC in-house sews the fabric for the tents. They silk-screened the fabric to show it was a mistake and labeled them first editions so that the customers wouldn't flame them. Considering the outlay of time and money for the fabric and already being way over the first projected delivery (Nov 2020), I think they made a wise choice.
Does that mean they will all have that stupid "almost perfect" stamped on it? Was that supposed to be funny and they thought customers will just laugh it off and ignore it? Jesus man, I haven't even received mine yet and already I'm started to have second thoughts about it.

emulous74

Does that mean they will all have that stupid "almost perfect" stamped on it? Was that supposed to be funny and they thought customers will just laugh it off and ignore it? Jesus man, I haven't even received mine yet and already I'm started to have second thoughts about it.
I doubt it highly, that would mean extra expense on their part. I don't have second thoughts about buying and owning it (customer service mess-up aside). It's the only RTT that I can get on my truck bed rack or my Subaru myself, the fact that it's decently made, and in this marketplace, it's relatively cheap, you'd only be able to get better quality buy going up in weight and price.

aaaslayer

I doubt it highly, that would mean extra expense on their part. I don't have second thoughts about buying and owning it (customer service mess-up aside). It's the only RTT that I can get on my truck bed rack or my Subaru myself, the fact that it's decently made, and in this marketplace, it's relatively cheap, you'd only be able to get better quality buy going up in weight and price.
Hopefully mine does not have an upside down logo and say "almost perfect" as I don't find it funny. You pay full price for a new item and expect it to be new and in perfect shape, not half assed and with upside down logos. We shall see. Just 2 more extremely long months left.

hayde89

I will say that is a bummer for the PO. Damage sucks and I am glad they are making it right. They do send an email explicitly saying to check the package thoroughly and not to accept delivery if there is any damage of any sort. Maybe there wasn't any noticeable damage so I cannot comment. Mine arrived without issue and I love the thing. It's exactly what I want out of a tent. It's light, easy to install and easy to set up. I love seeing how much people love to bash GFC constantly. Easy solution don't buy anything from them and move on. Upside down logo is fine with me and it's something you're going to notice the 1st week and forget about it. If you don't like it, from what I can tell it wouldn't be hard to remove. Or call GFC and tell them you don't want it and move to a later spot giving someone else who isn't as crazy OCD a chance to get a tent they will enjoy.

aaaslayer

anyone want to buy my GFC super lite? It should ship supposedly mid August. I just put a down payment on a pop top camper so soon as this GFC arrives, it will be going up for sale brand new. Local sale only Southern Ca.

wregimbal

anyone want to buy my GFC super lite? It should ship supposedly mid August. I just put a down payment on a pop top camper so soon as this GFC arrives, it will be going up for sale brand new. Local sale only Southern Ca.
I'm interested, sending you a DM.

emulous74

Well, GFC have turned out to be liars, there was never a patch kit made, they must of told me that they were developing one and sending me a hat to keep me quiet. Interesting that they only told me that they were developing a kit and I would be the first one to get one all of that over the phone.

I sent an email asking about the pitch kit and the person that responded had no clue what I was talking about and asked me what my issue was with the tent. I responded that I was concerned that there was no record of my issue as there were several back and forth about it.

Here is the latest email I got:

Happy to help. Consulted with my team and found your records. First I would like to apologize for you getting a damaged tent. The scuff marks would have been within tolerances as the exterior fabric, especially the vertical flap is meant to perform as a wear layer. The tear in the fabric is what should have triggered a claim with Old Dominion. In your May 4th email you stated that OD said they did not have patches. A claim of damaged goods would not be about whether OD had a patch kit or not, so I am a little confused. Also it seems as if you asked them about your Leitner interface as well? Is this correct? Trying to follow the process here.

If OD was not confident that the packaging was sufficient to be transported without damage they could have refused to do so, but did not, Therefore taking one the liability of the product. Similarly, when receiving a package it is best to open and inspect the product while the transporter is there and refuse delivery if the product is damaged.

Moving forward with your claim, you stated you were wanting the most environmentally friendly repair option. In this case that would be using a seam grip on the tear. In the pictures it looks like the material "flap" is there, so it should seal up well. Have you used this type of product before? It can be a little messy to apply The other option would be to laser cut up some SuperLite fabric and make some patches and use in conjunction with the seam sealer and maybe even going by an upholstery shop and having them sew the patch into place.

Please let me know what option you would prefer and I can supply the materials.

I am so frustrated with this company, how can such talented engineers and people not be smart enough to know a business needs to have superior customer service and to realize that freight companies in major metro areas DO NOT stand around waiting for you to open your freight package, how can they be so oblivious to how the world operates. I am so happy that I cancelled my camper order with them, it was the best $500 I gave away in my life, can't imagine how pissed I be if I spent thousands of dollars and this was the sub-standard customer service I got. This is one company that I hope gets bought out by people that know how to run a business. Why the hell do I have to start over 3 months after I made an original claim?

I am done with Go Fast Campers, good products, badly run company.

What I learned here, never buy something from the internet where the company forces aftersales questions/support strictly through email.

chet6.7

Explorer
Well, GFC have turned out to be liars, there was never a patch kit made, they must of told me that they were developing one and sending me a hat to keep me quiet. Interesting that they only told me that they were developing a kit and I would be the first one to get one all of that over the phone.

I sent an email asking about the pitch kit and the person that responded had no clue what I was talking about and asked me what my issue was with the tent. I responded that I was concerned that there was no record of my issue as there were several back and forth about it.

Here is the latest email I got:

I am so frustrated with this company, how can such talented engineers and people not be smart enough to know a business needs to have superior customer service and to realize that freight companies in major metro areas DO NOT stand around waiting for you to open your freight package, how can they be so oblivious to how the world operates. I am so happy that I cancelled my camper order with them, it was the best $500 I gave away in my life, can't imagine how pissed I be if I spent thousands of dollars and this was the sub-standard customer service I got. This is one company that I hope gets bought out by people that know how to run a business. Why the hell do I have to start over 3 months after I made an original claim?

I am done with Go Fast Campers, good products, badly run company.

What I learned here, never buy something from the internet where the company forces aftersales questions/support strictly through email.
I suspect they know, they don't care about you because they don't have to, they also know there is another customer ready to lay down the cash.
Dealing with companies that act like this sucks, I know from personal experience.

i have had one since April 2021 I had great customer serice feom Them I was having problems mounting to the Rebel off road rack on my gladiator and they sent me all kinds of info as wellas actually called me on the phone I was impressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior