Finally Found a M-416 to build

fjcruzn

Observer
After much searching and a tip from my good friend daToy, I purchased a M-416 off of ebay. The trailer was located in Miami, FL and I am in Missouri at present. Fortunately my son-in-law is stationed at the Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, FL and they had been telling me how much they wanted to go to Miami for the weekend... Did I have a deal for him!

With the usual caution of purchasing anything on ebay I approached the trailer and sellers photos with caution. The trailer in the pictures looked brand new and that was beyond belief. But, I made a down payment and sent my son-in-law and family on their weekend vacation and to pick up my trailer. My son-in-law called me and said you won't believe this. Of course, I suspected the worst... He said, "the trailer looks way better than it does in the pictures, and you won't believe how good it looks!".

I plan on cutting a tailgate in it and putting a top on it to mount my ARB RTT. Later on I'll add electric brakes and 6 X 5.5 hubs.

Here is my beauty.

Left side:

m416tr1.jpg

Rear view:

m416tr6.jpg

Front view:

m416tr2.jpg

Right side:

m416tr3.jpg

More to follow as my build progresses.

cheers,

dale

Last edited:

mtbcoach

Observer
You've chosen wisely.

Nice find Dale, you've get a huge head start over me with that find. Well done...

datoy

Adventurer
Dale... I am jealous. When I saw that trailer I wanted it. It is a great starter platform. You won't have to spent any time fixing the trailer....

fjcruzn

Observer
Dale... I am jealous. When I saw that trailer I wanted it. It is a great starter platform. You won't have to spent any time fixing the trailer....

Thanks Tom, both for the kind words and for pointing me towards it!!!

dale

chrisngrod

Let me guess. It cost 1000 dollars Buy it Now?

I was looking at this. Good buy! I'm tearing my 350 dollar purchase apart. Redoing the tub (it won't have the curve at the top becuase there will be toolkits attached to the side).

Shadow-Warrior

Observer
WOW, Nice find Dale. I can't wait to see how you fix it up. I'm still looking to find one myself. Congrats on finding one in great shape. :)

Mike

IH8RDS

Explorer
I'm jealous. Very impressive and will save you allot of time. It took me three months to get to you're starting point !

fjcruzn

Observer
Thanks guys for all the kind words!

Yep, I jumped on the "buy it now" price as it looked too good! But, I figured with a down payment I could then look it over and not be out too much if it turned into a pile of crap...

FJ guys???? We are taking over!!!

cheers,

dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles