Fiberine Bubble Top Maxx Air Fan

Hey everyone,

Im putting in a Maxx Air 7500k on my 24” bubble top. Does anyone have any tips for installing it on a curved roof line?

thanks,
Travis

john61ct

Adventurer
The plane of the cutout is still flat.

Start a bit smaller than you think, can always make the hole a bit bigger.

For sealing best practices are from the marine arena, building new and fixing old boats. Some do custom port lights just a plain sheet of "glass", fixed in place to withstand huge pressures for decades, lives at stake

Bed-It is the best butyl, plenty of "give" to securely fill a varying width gap, stays flexible forever.

http://shop.marinehowto.com/products/bed-it-tape

Don't clamp it too much squeezing it all out, let it "seep" 24-48 hours then tighten up a little more not too tight. Some embed a rigid bead to ensure the desired gap.

A more modern paintable sealant can skin over cover the butyl if you want, but must also be a permanently flexible type, usually urethane. Make sure not so adhesive that you can never re-bed if needed, permanence is not the goal.

____
Also seen 3M 08609 Window-Weld Super Fast Urethane recommended from the RV world, comes in black

Neil

Observer
I have just fitted a maxxair fan. Its a great fan. However like all fans it spins on a needle.

It would be essential that it it is perfectly flat. I think any slight distortion in its casing will have a detrimental effect.

I would firstly create a suitable moulding / platform that would sit on the roof first and create a perfectly flat surface for the fan to sit on.

I wouldn't distort the fan body , even slightly.

Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94