Fiat?

mcgovski

Adventurer
I just heard on the radio that Fiat is or already has purchased The Chrysler Motor Corp....???
I thought GM once owned a controlling interest in Fiat???

well, maybe Fiat makes some nice small diesel engines that are 50 state compliant!

flywgn

Explorer
Yes, a press release came across yesterday afternoon that Fiat and Chrysler have signed a "non-binding agreement" for Fiat to have a 35% interest in Chrysler. It goes on to say that no cash is involved, only access for C to F's technology.

Allen R

On Edit: Sorry, forgot about your question re: GM and Fiat. In 2005 (I think) GM paid a bunch of money to walk away from a deal with Fiat. I don't think GM got back in to the company later.

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
In the global market I suspect that Fiat is larger than GM. They have their hands in a lot of different, mostly vehicle (a ship is a vehicle, right?), manufacturing.

mcgovski

Adventurer
I am not brand loyal...but when i purchased my dodge i thought it would be a good investment as vehicles go. robust diesel good service etc. But then I found expeditioncampers.com and this portal and I soon realized I went the wrong route for my intended travels...in fact I did everything wrong! So now that I am semi educated on my needs and the possibilities I cant give my truck and camper away. Oh, the camper company, Eagle Cap (intermountain RV) went out of busness too). But the truck worries me because the companies uncertain future.
So I will keep my fingers crossed that things might turn around.

thanks for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz