Fiamma Pro 35 6' 4x4 Expedition Awning Truck or RV - $200

kcowyo

ExPo Original
The Fiamma 35 with hardware accessories retails for around $350, give or take $20.

For $200, if it's in good condition, that's a good price.

nastav

Adventurer
Wrong location for thread, sorry.

Sorry....should have put it in Equipment...wasn't paying attention.
probably should get moved.
I saw this http://www.fiammausa.com/PDFs/2007ColorRetailPriceList.pdf
$359.00 MSRP.
Seems not bad if you are local, and looking for an awning, but are not too worried about size and brand, etc.
I'd pick it up and get rid of my space-hog EZ-Up if I felt like driving to LA; but I never feel like driving to LA.
I'd say it seems like a good deal, but I do not know much about awnings.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I moved the thread to the equipment section.

For the record, the picture shown on the CL ad is from the Northwest Expeditions website out of Spokane, WA. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm always leary of adds with photos pirated from somewhere else.

TheGillz

Explorer
It seems like it's just me, but I have found when I am buying OR selling, i don't see it as a fair price when it isn't 50% or more off of retail unless its:
1. RARE or
2. Still sealed in original container.

Am I just a sucker?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I would pay $200 for one in good condition. If i didn't have 2 already, i'd buy it :)

They're not super rare, but they're not easily attained. AT is the only ones i know that sell them and they have to order a pallet at at a time. Since they're from Italy they're kind of oddball.. and all the RV shops only sell the huge ones.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
SOCALFJ said:
I would pay $200 for one in good condition. If i didn't have 2 already, i'd buy it :)

They're not super rare, but they're not easily attained. AT is the only ones i know that sell them and they have to order a pallet at at a time. Since they're from Italy they're kind of oddball.. and all the RV shops only sell the huge ones.

Two??? Sell me one of yours for CHEEP! LOL :D

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
TheGillz said:
It seems like it's just me, but I have found when I am buying OR selling, i don't see it as a fair price when it isn't 50% or more off of retail unless its:
1. RARE or
2. Still sealed in original container.

Am I just a sucker?
The Gillz- I'm having dejavu. Like the value of the Maggiolina you questioned in the other thread, the Fiamma is a very well built piece of equipment and difficult to find on the used market. I spent the past few months looking for a used F35 and finally paid full price for a new one. It's a quality product that should last for many years.

On that note... I can't think of any quality "expedition" items (RTT's, fridges, etc) that sell for 50% or more off of retail on the used market. :confused:

TheGillz

Explorer
HMR said:
The Gillz- I'm having dejavu

On that note... I can't think of any quality "expedition" items (RTT's, fridges, etc) that sell for 50% or more off of retail on the used market. :confused:

Yes I did mention the same thing before. And thank you this last statement seems to have answered, most items like this seem to fit my first criteria. Also pardon me for being nieve in this area, as you can see from my join date that is about how long I have been getting into "expedition" style camping. I have always been a tent in an established campground type before and It wasn't all that fun for me. So I am really moving toward more back country exploring, which goes hand in hand w/ me getting my first capable vehicle. I appreciate the advice and I won't waste any more time asking if something is worth the money.

wesel123

Explorer
Decided against it actually. Just kept missing the owner. Not sure why just every time we were gonna get together something happend... Oh well maybe its fate. So Im sure hell put it back up.

Maybe gonna get the changing room for my new eezi awn 1800 instead:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles