FG's in Action

kerry

Expedition Leader

Fido time! I am almost completely caught up with old footage. I hope they lift this stay at home order soon so we can go make more memories!

Allan and Sakshi

What's the camping like up near the headwaters? I've camped in an official NFS site nearer Alpine when canoeing the Greys and wondered what conditions were like further south.

yabanja

Explorer
What's the camping like up near the headwaters? I've camped in an official NFS site nearer Alpine when canoeing the Greys and wondered what conditions were like further south.
It is so much better up there. We usually come in from the south end. Zero people and high alpine wilderness. Lots of roads to explore.

A.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hey John,

This build has caught my eye the most in my run-up to build research. Were you ever able to get more pics or info about the box?
Hey Kiwimtnclimbr....sorry buddy. I haven’t seen Dave for ages until last Friday ....by coincidence. He still has the truck and uses it heavily. The box was built by MrShetmetal locally on the Sunny Coast. It’s pretty basic and has a pop top made using generic pop top alloy extrusions. Dave was one of the main guys at ATW until recently when he retired and went bush.

That quote is from 6 years ago! :eek:

True... but hopefully the box is still in good shape ;-). I've got some unusual requirements for my pending setup and from the few glimpses that build legitimately looked worth following up on. I guess I'll pm next time.

Last edited:

IcedVolvo

Observer
Hi Guys. I'm hoping that the moderators will see fit to make this a "sticky" thread if it takes off. Some of the pics that have come out from Tony and Michael recently prompted me to maybe start a thread just for FG's in action rather than just putting them in the "camper examples" thread. Not necessarily doing radical offroad things but maybe showing FG's with awesome scenery or just good photography. I know Bajaroad had some good pics awhile back too, That sort of thing.

Up to the moderators but I'm going to try and kick it off anyway and see what they think.

Hi John,
we did most of the Old Tele in an NPS , didnt do gunshot and didnt do the the last creek (forgoten its name) .. I'l try to dig up some photos ..

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
We did most of the Old Tele in an NPS , didn't do gunshot and didn't do the the last creek (forgoten its name) .. I'l try to dig up some photos ..
Palm Creek is the most southerly crossing. The southern exit can be a challenge especially going south.
It is unlikely that this hire Troopy came down here with the owner's permission.
0905 (66).JPG
Most crossings have an "alternative" route that is easier. Some have bypasses, so it is possible to see a lot of the OTT without putting yourself or your vehicle at too much risk. And there is some very beautiful country.
We drove up the easier exit from Gunshot Creek with just a bit of a false start. No reason why an FG should not make it up here in this particular year. Just bear in mind that every year these creek exits and entries change.

0905 (58).JPG
0905 (59).JPG0905 (60).JPG
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles