FG's in Action

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Good choice not digging in- Although from the pic I would guess the transfer case and rear differential were already on the ground!

Allan

Yes both diffs and transfer case were sitting on the ground.

I think I would have died. Great photo. Cheers Steve.

Certainly would not have driven in there if I didn't have another vehicle around. Anchor points for the winch are not around - reason to travel with at least two vehicle in areas like that.

Dan.

Tymeryder

... and all it took was a little pull only about a metre and it was out.
Dan.

Do you think a ground anchor would have extricated you, assuming you had a winch on the front?

I've practiced with my ground anchor, but have never had to use it "in anger", in a real situation.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Do you think a ground anchor would have extricated you, assuming you had a winch on the front?

I've practiced with my ground anchor, but have never had to use it "in anger", in a real situation.

Yes a ground anchor would have worked but yet to find one that I like and strong enough to handle the 20,000 lb winch that is fitted. I believe that it is going to be that I have to make one myself in what ever design I think is best. In saying that not all ground anchors are equal in every situation.

Dan.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
An absolutely crazy day on the beach today. 2nd biggest tides of the year having to travel ********** on the top of the high. Made for some interesting creek crossings. Engineer is in the FTS. I cant imagine what Eli would have looked like at the same time. These pics are only 1st Creek and 2nd Creek.
Fraser1creek.jpg
FraserDeep.jpg
DingoPups.jpg

Last edited:

trackadda

Observer
An absolutely crazy day on the beach today. 2nd biggest tides of the year having to travel ********** on the top of the high. Made for some interesting creek crossings. Engineer is in the FTS. I cant imagine what Eli would have looked like at the same time. These pics are only 1st Creek and 2nd Creek.
View attachment 430178
View attachment 430179
View attachment 430180
https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/maryborough/2018/01/04/police-cant-believe-eyes-fraser-island/

Aussie Iron

Explorer
At least it is level and you could sleep in it. Dig some and put tracks under the back of front wheels and reverse out.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles