FG's in Action

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
I consider that making new tracks in virgin country is BAD FORM unless there is a VERY good reason, not just because "we can".
Cheer,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Personally at an OHV park I believe it is acceptable but otherwise certainly not.
What wheels are they on Earthcruiser? On Canter diffs or Others?

Dan.

yabanja

Explorer
I consider that making new tracks in virgin country is BAD FORM unless there is a VERY good reason, not just because "we can".
Cheer,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Hence the title. I couldn't agree with you more. In fact I considered making a disclaimer at the beginning of the video stating as much. We were in a controlled environment specifically set aside for this type of behavior. We went to a remote corner of the park but the rest of the place was complete mayhem. Think MAD MAX on steroids.

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
Personally at an OHV park I believe it is acceptable but otherwise certainly not.
What wheels are they on Earthcruiser? On Canter diffs or Others?

Dan.

This was the new US model Earthcruiser with the Petrol V8, Allison Auto trans, Atlas Transfer Case, Custom Axles with lockers front and rear. The wheels are aftermarket Method Alloys. Tires 37x13.5R 17 Toyo Mud Terrains. It performed impressively. The owner was hesitant to lower the pressures as much as I did which explained the difference in performance between the two trucks.

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
I am guessing that this is not the place that you want to see another vehicle coming towards you.

Yeah.... You can see the whole thing clearly from the top and bottom so the deal is you stop and have a really good look regardless of which way you are going to make sure no is coming. Uphill traffic always has the right of way. There are only two or three spots where there are turnouts. Would not be happy backing uphill to find one!

Allan

Bris31

Adventurer
10 days ago completed 16K km (10K miles) lap around Oz - mainly an offroad 3 months trip. One of the highlight was an incident happened after left front shock failed - bottom eye broke and came out of socket. After heavy rain the previous night, as I was trying to negotiate a puddle on a corrugated track, steering suddenly swayed to the left and FoxRoo went off the track in boggy field. Tried to reverse but it got worse. So called Bigsy over radio in the front for help. A little tug later, it was out of trouble.
1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 0.jpg