FGs for sale

SuperVan

Forager
This one posted to Members Classifieds.

Allan and his crew do good work up there. And that price point can beat.

sharkbait73

Any idea on a reasonable value for a 2007 Fuso FG140 with 14' flat deck, 5spd...230k km (not miles) i believe. Brand new brakes/drums, windshield, Fuso Off-Road (Canmore Tony) springs/pins/shocks, and various other work shop-done (I'll get a list together). Im in Canada for thoughts on value and currency.

Drives and shifts well, 4x4 works (slow to go back to 2wd).

Cheers,
Scott

Sent from my SM-F711W using Tapatalk

Hodor

I'm going to sell my 2012 FGB71 it has app 39040 miles on it. Asking 35k located in Washington state please DM me for info and details.

seancampbell

For Sale 2001 FG637 - NSW, Australia

It's been a hard decision, but the time has come to sell our truck. We haven't used it in the last 2 years due to work and COVID, and as our eldest boy will be starting the HSC, no extended traveling for another 4 years.

2001 Mitsubishi FG637

Last of the simple mechanical injection motors with no computers. Has power steering and air-conditioning.

Turboglide turbo kit makes it a pleasure to drive and will sit on 100-110 all day.

Modifications during the build:

TRUCK - Fully engineered with all modifications.

GVM downgraded to 4500kg so it can be driven with a normal car license.

New gearbox/transfer case $6000
New suspension to suit camper weight $5000
37 inch super single wheels & 37 inch Hankook Dynapro MT tyres $5000
190L fuel tank
80L water tank
Front end camber correction kit and wheel alignment $2000
Soundproofing added to cabin
Drivers seat upgraded

CAMPER

The camper is permanently mounted to the chassis using spring mounts so the chassis can flex without damaging the camper. A nolathane strip sits between camper and chassis for the full length of the camper

Bench seating the transforms into bunk beds.
Under seat storage.
Removable table that can be added between beds to make double bed.
Upright fridge.
Metho stove.
Sink.
Kitchen drawers.
TV.
Webber babyQ
130ah house batteries
1000w inverter
240v inlet for powered camping

I built this myself, so it was built simply but strong. It has been everywhere from Tasmania to Cape York, VIC high country and Simpson Desert and done it all with ease.

It would best suit a family wanting to travel with their children, and that's how we have used it for years.

Located Gosford, NSW.

IMG20220820152357.jpgIMG20220820165129.jpgIMG20220820165059.jpgIMG20220820170528.jpgIMG20220820165149.jpgIMG20220820152347.jpgTheTip2.jpgTeleTrack2.jpgScreenshot_2022-08-21-08-56-07-68_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
$35,000

NSW Rego runs out at the end of September. I will sell with 12 months rego for NSW residents.

Can assist with transport for interstate buyers.

Sean
0405 443 664

Abitibi

Explorer
Too bad I'm at the opposite end of the world, that'd be really close to what I'm after! Looks really sharp, good luck!

David

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
sell our Fuso and build a van
It's a pity that you guys don't have access to the Fuso 4x4 dual cab, as that would be a nice upgrade from your truck, if you need to carry more people.
A shorty is not ideal for me, but I have driven a few of them and they are definitely a fun and nimble little truck to drive. I am sure you will miss yours.
Good luck with your sale.

Buckstopper

Adventurer
It's a pity that you guys don't have access to the Fuso 4x4 dual cab, as that would be a nice upgrade from your truck, if you need to carry more people.
A shorty is not ideal for me, but I have driven a few of them and they are definitely a fun and nimble little truck to drive. I am sure you will miss yours.
Good luck with your sale.

I agree with you on the lack of dual cabs in US and thanks for your well wishes. I added a bunch more photos on the listing so folks can see all the details. The "for sale" post feels like the final chapter to my build thread. I hope someone here buys it and continues posting its adventures.

Buckstopper

Abitibi

Explorer
2007 FG140

What is it worth or how much would you pay for a very clean (no rust at all) original owner, with only 33k miles? I found one and will meet the owner later today but he hasn't mentioned a price yet and I'd like to know what would be a fair price.

Thx
David

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

westyss

Explorer
Hi David! 2007 with only 33k miles seems like almost brand new, that year truck was selling off the lot for around $50,000cdn so if I was looking for one of these it seems “rare” trucks I’d probably offer a fair bit depending how much I wanted one. I know this answer sucks but getting a low mileage truck like that is sure worth the money for less hassle of repairing and or replacing components.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Here in Australia we often see older 4x4 trucks (Fuso and Isuzu) with low kilometers up for sale, but in our case, that mileage can be deceptive.
This is because most of these trucks are ex rural fire service trucks. Standard operation procedure for fire trucks is that when in the field they do not get turned off, so the mileage rarely ever reflects the operating hours of the engine.

My point here is that you should not just take the mileage on the clock as the sole factor. You need to find out what the truck has been used for in order to get a full understanding of what you are buying, and how much it is actually worth.
As @westyss has highlighted, in your neck of the woods a truck of this year and mileage would be considered rare and could be a really good find.
Give the truck a very close inspection, especially around the step section of the chassis, looking for any signs of cracking or corrosion. This is the main area of concern with the Fuso 4x4 models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles