FGs for sale

SuperVan

Forager
Well...don’t know the magic behind it. It just goes. Of course it’s using the starting power to push it along in each gear at first ...aka, ‘chug chug chug vrooom’ .

Howard70

Adventurer
Well...don’t know the magic behind it. It just goes. Of course it’s using the starting power to push it along in each gear at first ...aka, ‘chug chug chug vrooom’ .
Best not to do that. The overall repair bill could get pretty large.

SuperVan

Forager
Odd. My starter won’t do anything if the truck is in gear.
Not sure if you’re on Facebook but there’s a pretty big Canter group on there and they might be able to help with that question. Seems like there are a lot of owners on there with older units.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I’m pretty sure it’s an OE safety lock out. Rather than having it on the clutch pedal it’s on the transmission

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
There's a neutral switch on the gearbox.
The switch is off when in neutral, so I am assuming that the switch has been disconnected to allow starting when in gear.

Neutral_Switch.jpg

Last edited:

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
At 12v that equates to about 4KW of solar.
If I use the most efficient 400W panels I can buy, I can fit up to 4 of these on my camper's roof, which would give me 1.6KW.
What panels are they using?
I would guess they meant 320 watts (error), or some people use watts and amps interchangeable (not a good thing)

Even the 'pros' make mistakes.
As you can see my Sterling Battery to Battery charger indicates I have 24 kilograms (53 pounds) of gold in my output terminal posts (kg not K or k)
sterlingA.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior