FG84 dual cab dimensions

dZak

Hi all,
I am considering updating my '93 FG439 single cab to a 2008-2010 FG84 dual cab with the 4.9L.
Would anyone have diagrams of the body dimensions so I can check if my motor home back will fit?
I found one body builders manual on the web but it doesn't list dual cab FG.
Also are the dimensions the same world wide (I am in Australia)?
Cheers Dave

Last edited:

Fugly

Adventurer
Daza,

Mate let google be your friend type in spec sheet for the FG84 you should get some info.
Other that I can't help maybe somebody will chime in......

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I found one body builders manual on the web but it doesn't list dual cab FG.
I'm confused...
You want to go from a FG439 single cab to a FG84 single cab, so why are you concerned that the body builders manual does not have information about a dual cab?

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Would anyone have diagrams of the body dimensions so I can check if my motor home back will fit?
You have about 4900mm to play with on the back of a MWB FG84. However, the box would need to be about 400mm shorter than this if you were mounting spares at the rear.

dZak

I'm confused...
You want to go from a FG439 single cab to a FG84 single cab, so why are you concerned that the body builders manual does not have information about a dual cab?
Sorry it was a typo, I edited the post. I'm looking to change to a 2010 dual cab so is that a FG84D?

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
And... I would be very surprised if you could transplant a camper body from a single cab onto a dual cab, unless it was a very small camper body.
The available space on a medium wheelbase dual cab is less than what is available on a short wheelbase single cab.

The information in these documents should provide the information you are after.
Use the FE dual cab dimensions along with the FG dimensions. (same dimensions for the 2010 models)

BODY BUILDERS DRAWINGS AND SUPPORTING DATA - FE:FG (PART1)
BODY BUILDERS DRAWINGS AND SUPPORTING DATA - FE:FG (PART2)

dZak

Thanks SkiFreak,
That's the manual I was looking at but it only shows a FE dual cab drawing.
Can anyone confirm for me that the FG dual cab wheel base is 4200mm as it shows for the FE on p.7 and that the cab dimensions are the same?
Mine is a FG439C so its wheel base is only 2750 so it might be doable from the measurements I took today.

Don't they have the 2750mm short wheel base option in the FG84? (the shortest shown is 3510 on the single cab)

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Australian FG84 models are as follows:

FG84DC6SRFAB (swb) - 2860mm
FG84DE6SRFAB (mwb) - 3460mm
FG84DEWSRFAB (mwb crew cab) - 3460mm

There is no swb crew cab.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
FG84 Australian MWB models:

Back of cab to end of chassis...
Single Cab: 4357mm
Dual Cab: 3347mm

Back of cab to maximum overhang...
Single Cab: 4958mm
Dual Cab: 3948mm

dZak

Thanks again for the info.
If the cab sizes in the previous manual you posted are correct then a crewcab is 380mm shorter from the back of the cab to the rear axle than mine :(

Where do you find this info?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Where do you find this info?
Fuso product brochure.

From the back of the cab to the centre of the rear axle it is 2882mm for the single cab and 1872mm for the dual cab.
From the centre of the rear axle to the end of the chassis it is 1475mm for both the single and crew cab MWB models.
Maximum overhang is 60% of the wheelbase (3460mm), measured from the centre of the rear axle, so that equates to 2076mm (601mm past the end of the chassis).

dZak

Thank you so much for the info.
Could you send me a link to the product brochure as I can only find the latest model on the net?

Thanks again
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles