FG637 Camper Build

Pauly1980

Nice
I will be watching this build with interest. Have you designed your kinetic frame yet?
You're looking at it in the photo. It's just upside down.
I have all the heavy duty springs, now just need to design the brackets and have them watercut, then I'll weld them together. I'll be building the full camper in the shed and when it's watertight I'll pull the tray off the truck and install the camper.
I'll dig out some CAD models of the camper and plop them on here or I might possibly just start a fresh thread of the build.

Beardy

You're looking at it in the photo. It's just upside down.
I have all the heavy duty springs, now just need to design the brackets and have them watercut, then I'll weld them together. I'll be building the full camper in the shed and when it's watertight I'll pull the tray off the truck and install the camper.
I'll dig out some CAD models of the camper and plop them on here or I might possibly just start a fresh thread of the build.

Righto, makes more sense now. I am looking to start a build soon with a single cab. Am heading up to ATW to have a closer look in the next couple of weeks
Love to see a bit more information on where you are heading with this build.

Pauly1980

So these are by no means completely finalised drawings but I think they will be pretty close.
I haven't added things like the sink etc yet to the drawing, the bed will also be at the rear above the seating/table area on linear actuators. Small bunk at the front for my boy. None of the upper cabinets are shown yet.

Motorhome1.pngMotorHome2.jpg

Pauly1980

No bathroom/toilet inside the camper?
There will be a composting toilet that is going to slide out from under one of the seats. I just couldn't find a layout that would allow a bathroom to fit and still have room for everything else. Having a dual cab is the killer due to the much shorter area available for the camper. At 3.7m long its tight

Pauly1980

Well it's been a few months and finally I have the build registered and on the road. I have found a way to shoehorn a shower/toilet inside as well. For now I have run out of funds to keep going but at least it is useable. Still need to add, sink, cooktop,microwave,shower,toilet,water tanks, dbl bed, extra bunk, stairs and an awning. I'm just happy I can get out and about for now. As it is it weighs in at 3850kg so I still have 1650kg of payload available. I manufactured my own 50mm composite panels using 2.4mm glass on a 45mm foam core.

Attachments

• 20231206_154227.jpg
    20231206_154227.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231206_153947.jpg
    20231206_153947.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231206_153545.jpg
    20231206_153545.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20231206_155116.jpg
    20231206_155116.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20231206_154359.jpg
    20231206_154359.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 28

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Looking good, but when you are done fitting it out, you might want to consider a bit of a lift in the rear, to level it out a bit.

Ultimark

I too, thought it may be desirable to have more clearance for articulation of the rear axle, if the axle articulation gives 300mm of movement, meaning 150mm up and 150mm down, that should be alright.

If the articulation is more than that, it looks like it may get close to the underside of the camper body.

Pauly1980

I too, thought it may be desirable to have more clearance for articulation of the rear axle, if the axle articulation gives 300mm of movement, meaning 150mm up and 150mm down, that should be alright.

If the articulation is more than that, it looks like it may get close to the underside of the camper body.
There is a cutout under the camper for the wheels to ride up. They can go another 70mm max past what you can see of the guards.
I won't be raising it until the fitout is finished as I want it level when the full load is present in the camper. Still a bit of weight to go in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94