(FEELER) Discovery 2003-2004 ARB winch compatible Bull Bar (LIKE NEW).

mouse007

Explorer
Well,

I guess I give up going to keep it.

***MODS Please Delete****

Disco 19.jpg

Disco 20.JPG

Disco 21.jpg

Disco 23.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0540.jpg
    DSCF0540.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

mouse007

Explorer
White Disco

The picture of the white Disco is the bull bar I want.

(Sorry, this is not my rig if the owner minds I’ll take the pic down)

That's an awful lot work to get rid of lights that work and are adjustable for aim. Why are you wanting to do this again? Good luck if you still want to but know that those are in the perfect location for thick fog/snow.

mouse007

Explorer
That's an awful lot work to get rid of lights that work and are adjustable for aim. Why are you wanting to do this again? Good luck if you still want to but know that those are in the perfect location for thick fog/snow.

HillbillyfromAL,

Yes your correct, the fog lamp is at the prefect height.

Really, I just like the look of the 1999-2002 plus the tow points & the way the side markers are flush looks more heavy duty.
This one is starting to grow on me. I don't need to sell it, it's just one of those I like the way the old one looks more.

But I do see your points, on that note how has your stood up…? Question for you, on the rear bolts that need drilling what type of bit did you use..?

Thanks, your Disco looks amazing.

Mine has stood up pretty great. Last year I was driving up to the mountains and was forced off the road by some idiot going way to fast. The shoulder was soft and gave out under the truck. After winching out the bumper was gouged but the entire passenger side of the truck was smashed up against the rocks. The bumper didn't bend at all. The pics don't do it justice at all, the repair bill was just over 5,000 but the insurance covered it. Thankfully someone else had seen what happened and was a witness for the police report.

Here's a pic
d1f85c0c-71a5-803d.jpg

Also I didn't drill out the rear bolt instead I welded the mounting box to the frame. Hope that helps.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
The later model ARBs hold up pretty well. Thea ealry versions were terrible and twisted when winching. Speaking from experience as I have had both versions.

I did notice that the metal around the winch and the front is a lot thinner than some of the other bumpers out there. If you are building a hardcore trail truck i would recommend something a bit thinner profile that is built thicker.

Very happy with the ARB that i had on my expo truck till it might its untimely death. Only negative was that there was no good place for using a hilift. My L8 bumper on the trail truck isn't as visually "large and expo worthy" but is 10x times stronger and offers many advantages the ARB does not have.

-Sam

mouse007

Explorer
The later model ARBs hold up pretty well. Thea ealry versions were terrible and twisted when winching. Speaking from experience as I have had both versions.

I did notice that the metal around the winch and the front is a lot thinner than some of the other bumpers out there. If you are building a hardcore trail truck i would recommend something a bit thinner profile that is built thicker.

Very happy with the ARB that i had on my expo truck till it might its untimely death. Only negative was that there was no good place for using a hilift. My L8 bumper on the trail truck isn't as visually "large and expo worthy" but is 10x times stronger and offers many advantages the ARB does not have.

-Sam

Get a dixon bate for recovery as well... you can bolt it onto the bumper

-Sam

Thank you, no this won’t be a hard core trail rig. Mostly fire roads with a few mild trails. I plan on running the OME stock height lift 1.5’’ (haven’t installed it yet).
I see your point looks like a sold set up, thanks for your impute.

mouse007

Explorer
d1f85c0c-730c-0783.jpg

Here's what the bumper looked like after being dragged with alot of the trucks weight on it over about 20ft of rocks.

WOW…

Amazing, looks like it took the hit/drag and held in place. I guess I shouldn't worry much here in Florida we don't really have crazy trails. Thank you sir, I appreciate your impute.

Yeah it wasn't really a hit I was stopped when the shoulder fell out from under the truck. The truck was at about a 40* side angle caught up on a rock ledge. I was impressed with Bull Bar because it was a rough pull for the 20 or so feet of rocks cutting into the side of the truck ;) the wife wasn't happy but stuff happens and on the other side it was about a 150ft drop.

Oh and that wasn't a crazy trail just a FS rd going up into the mountains with a disproportionate amount of idiots that wanted to drive 30mph around one lane blind corners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles