FCC's Enforcement Bureau Issues Citation to Rugged Radios for Equipment Marketing Violations

Joey G

I always wondered how they were flying under the radar with this, but I guess they weren't after all.

If you're using one of their products, you may want to verify that you're in compliance. Just because a radio comes programmed with a frequency doesn't mean you can legally operate there.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Wow, reading the citation, it's so much worse than it should have been.

In addition to marketing radios programmed to parts of the spectrum they shouldn't have been, it looks like they also farked around quite a bit with their testing and certification process. They sold radios under transmitter IDs that were substantially different from the radios tested in order to receive those IDs, and they sold other radios without ANY testing or certification at all.

roving1

Wow, reading the citation, it's so much worse than it should have been.

In addition to marketing radios programmed to parts of the spectrum they shouldn't have been, it looks like they also farked around quite a bit with their testing and certification process. They sold radios under transmitter IDs that were substantially different from the radios tested in order to receive those IDs, and they sold other radios without ANY testing or certification at all.

There was a huge circle of brazen ****'s from the company and community using and promoting the product at the time. The company simply did not care at all about being legal.

I remember Trail Recon early on pimping their stuff and just being like "Who cares" when it was pointed out their radios were illegal as hell. As goody two shoes as that guy comes off he apparently was OK with the kickback for glossing over the issue.

There were a bunch of other influences pushing their crap too massively whitewashing the compliance issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94